Dinner Idea: Red Spinach Soup, Boiled Egg, and Couscous


Dinner idea: Red spinach soup, boiled egg, couscous, and an orange - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti / Acik Mdy

Hi, how are you today? Today I am gonna share one of our dinner menus. Who's like soup? I love soup especially veggies soup. I like any kind of veggies. How about you? Let's check it out, it easy, simple, and tasty soup. 

Ingredient:
  • 1 pack of red spinach
  • 1/2 or 1/4 of carrot - cut it
  • handful cherry tomatoes
  • Little a bit bell pepper - I use yellow bell pepper
  • 1 chicken stock cube
  • 1 - 2 gram of garlic powder
  • 21/5 - 3 gram of onion powder
  • 1 gram salt - it's your choice
  • 1- 2 gram of black pepper powder
  • 800 ml of water
  • 110 gram of couscous (2 people) - I use Tesco couscous

Tesco couscous - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti / Acik Mdy
  • 170 ml water for the couscous
  • 2 egg - I always choose low cholesterol egg or carrot egg
  • 1 - 2 1/2 gram of multipurpose seasoning - to give couscous taste
  • 1 gram of coriander leaf - for couscous
These are what you do:
  • Boil 170 ml of water. Pour into couscous. Let the water fully absorb
  • Add multipurpose seasoning and coriander leaf, mix them with couscous
  • Now cook the soup, Pour 800 ml of water in a pot. Cook the soup in medium-low flame
  • Add the chicken stock cube, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper powder. Bring it to boil
  • Add carrot first, let it cook for about 2 minutes
  • Add the red spinach, bell pepper, and cherry tomatoes. Mix them well, cook for about 2-3 minutes
  • While cooking the soup you can boil the egg. Boil the egg for about 15-25 minutes. But it's optional
Prepare dinner:
  • Place the couscous first
  • Place the boiled egg, cut in half

Couscous with coriander leaf, boiled egg - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti / Acik Mdy
  • Pour soup in a bowl. Add fried shallot on top of it

Red spinach soup with fried shallot on top of it - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti / Acik Mdy
  • Cut an orange - it's optional because you can choose any kind of fruit that you want to eat with your dinner
  • Your dinner is ready
Make Lemon mint tea:
  • Cut 1 lemon into a slice - technically each bottle contain a half of lemon
  • Some mint leaves - sometimes I harvest my mint plant. Yes I grow a mint plant in my "garden"😊 I wish I could grow a lemon plant in my corridor 😁
  • I make 2 bottles, I fill each bottle with 700 ml of water
  • Put in the fridge whole night
  • You can drink in the next morning

Lemon mint tea - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti / Acik Mdy

What do you think, I like red spinach soup, it simple, easy, yet tasty! 😋 See you in another article, bye for now ✋😊

Note:
  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti / Acik Mdy
  • Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti / Acik Mdy
  • Do not copy this article without permissions
  • Do not reuse these photographs anywhere else without permissions

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sauteed Mix Veggie and Sio Peck Chye

Boiled Egg Soup

Miso Soup