Braised Chicken Breast Served with Boiled Tofu & Boiled Green Spinach, and Chicken Broth

 


Braised Chicken Breast served with chicken broth, boiled green spinach, and tofu - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Hi all of you, how you doing? I hope you are safe and sound. The good news that we now reopen phase 3 in Singapore which means people who crave to eat in their favorite restaurant could finally smile as now dining in is allowed with a max of 5 people. Meanwhile, I am pretty much satisfied with the home cooking that I have always prepared🤗

Today's recipe is the skinless and boneless chicken breast which I have believed many of you have already known, it has provided high protein yet lower in calories. Here in Singapore, salmon and chicken breast are popular among people who work out in the gym. The only reason is both of the ingredients are diet menus. For me, we do not need the word "diet" to eat healthy food daily. Eating a healthy menu, cooking at home, simply put because we concern about our healthiness.✌😊 

However, my body rejects chicken meat although I have tried to eat this particular menu. It causes me nausea and makes me vomit. Why? I do not know the answer. Back then when I was a child, I do remember that I loved to eat the chicken head. Every time when one of my grandmas cooked chicken, she made sure there were some chicken heads so that my cousin and I didn't fight over it. I liked to eat some chicken parts for instance the brain, eyes, heart, intestines. But, gradually, I had lost my interest in chicken meat since the third grade and become a tempeh lover. Yes, my teacher in elementary school told us that if we could not afford meat we were able to substitute it with tempeh. Therefore, I have always wanted to eat tempeh since my body declines any kind of meat.

Nowadays, I have still cooked chicken at home even though I do not eat it. I reckon it is not fair for my partner who doesn't have any issues with the meat. Not often, but sometimes I put the chicken menu on the table. 

Cooking chicken breast could be an easy way yet tasty result. And in this article, I would like to share one of my recipes on how to make a healthy menu at home without wiping out our energy. The best part about it is while preparing dinner, I am able to do other house chores for instance cleaning the dining table, or folding laundry. It sounds good, isn't it? You would love this idea!😉

So, what are we waiting for, let's rock!

Ingredient:
  • 500 g of skinless and boneless chicken breast
  • 1 pack of green spinach
  • 1 radish
  • 1 white tofu
  • 1800 ml of water
  • 2-3 bay leaves
  • 5-7 g turmeric powder
  • 10 g of paprika powder
  • 10 g of peppercorn
  • 10-15 g of lemongrass paste
  • 15-20 g of garlic powder
  • 10 g of low sodium salt (you can add another 5-7 g salt if you like it)
  • Celery - 5 stalks or more
These are what you do:
  • Prepare the big pan, add bay leaves, garlic powder, turmeric powder, salt, paprika powder, peppercorn, celery, and lemongrass paste

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Pour water, add chicken breast. Turn on the stove on medium-low flame

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Cook for about 45 minutes then turn off the stove. While cooking we can do other housework!
  • Take out the chicken breast, cut them, and place them on the tray. Bake it for about 5-7 minute in the oven at 230 degrees Celcius

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti


Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • While the chicken breast in the oven, we turn on the stove to boil tofu and green spinach in the chicken broth for about 3-5 minutes

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

How to serve:
  • Place boiled green spinach
  • Place the braised chicken breast on it
  • Put boiled tofu with radish if you want
  • Last, pour the chicken broth
  • Dinner is served and does not forget to eat fruit as well

Braised chicken breast served with boiled tofu & boiled green spinach, and chicken broth, white Japanese rice with furikake on it, grape, and a glass of coconut water - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

What do you think? It easy and simple right? While cooking chicken breast we can do other house chores.

Thank you for reading my article, see you in another article. Bye!🖐🙂

Note:
  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Do not copy this article without permission
  • Do not reuse these photographs anywhere else without permission





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sauteed Mix Veggie and Sio Peck Chye

Boiled Egg Soup

Miso Soup