Ichi's Signature Omelet: Celery Omelet

 


Ichi's signature omelet: Celery Omelet - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Welcome back to Ichi's Fusion Recipes! Today I am going to share one of my favorite recipes at home that I call Celery Omelet. Not only the recipe but the story that tags along with this menu make it special to me since it has its own background and history.😊

If you are following Ichi's Fusio Recipes you may notice that I mentioned my omelet recipes. Yeah, I grew up with eggs on the menu daily. I had always had an egg on my plate whether a boiled egg or a fried egg. At night, occasionally I had an omelet for my dinner. My non-regular habit started when I was small or it could be a baby. My father wanted me to grow become a smart girl and he believed by routine eating eggs each morning, especially half-boiled eggs, the child would grow up excellent. Although lived in a tiny village, my menus were quite decent compared to other villagers. Egg, milk, meats, all those were luxury items at the time that only residents with decent occupations afforded poultry products. After my family life turned upside down to the depth of the ocean, I kept my habit to consume eggs except for milk. The reason was we did not have to pay for it since my father was good at rising the hen in our backyard. This is how my egg menu story begins!😁 

Some of you may wonder that the omelet I create is slightly different. I guess it is because of the different cultures we grew up in. I cook my omelet fully cooked or some of you could say overcook. My taste is not familiar with lava-fried eggs as many western preferences and I can't handle fluffy yellow-ish omelets either. Both lava-fried egg and yellow-ish omelet cause me nausea and I can throw up on the spot right away. The culprit is the smell same as the fish case; my body rejects some distinct scent of food ingredients. Strange, right? Although I ate half-boiled eggs when I was small, since I grew up I am not a fan of this type of boiled egg anymore.

As I become an adult, my concern is about health consciousness. For instance, picking low cholesterol eggs, seasoning with low-sodium salt, and adding celery as celery is good to maintain my blood pressure in check. Supplemental along with shallot and garlic would manipulate the scent of the egg. Moreover, shallot and garlic for our body too. On top of that, fry in canola oil or sunflower oil. Here is the habit in my kitchen, I always pour new oil when frying. I have never used leftover oil like regular people; then I throw away my leftover oil. If tomorrow I want to fry something, I use new oil again. Therefore, you won't find any kind of cooking process like this even if you eat in a restaurant. Some people might be tempted to keep the leftover oil as the price of this cooking item rises up rapidly to sauteing spices, frying other food et cetera. But it is not gonna happen in my kitchen.😁 

This is my omelet recipe from my kitchen!πŸ˜‰

Ingredient:
  • 4 low cholesterol eggs
  • a bunch of celery - finely cut
  • 3 cloves of shallot - chop them
  • 2 cloves of garlic - chop them
  • 2 g of low sodium salt
  • 2 g of garlic powder
  • 2 g of onion powder
  • enough cooking oil to fry; about 200 up to 400 ml of canola oil or sunflower oil
These are what you do:
  • Crack the eggs into a bowl
  • Add garlic and shallot that you chopped, add garlic and onion powder, salt, and celery. Mix them well

Egg mixture - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Prepare the pan and pour canola oil. Set the stove on medium-low flame. Wait for a few seconds or until the oil is hot (unfortunately, I do not have a tool to measure the degree of this hot oil); then pour the egg mixture and cook until fully cooked. Usually, I divide it into three batches; then turn off the stove
  • When the omelet is done; I serve it with soup or Japanese curry. Eating this omelet with only Japanese rice is good option tooπŸ˜‹

Ichi's signature omelet: celery omelet, Japanese curry, Japanese rice with furikake on top of it - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

It looks great and tasty, isn't it? Again, instead of adding spring onion to my Japanese curry, I put celery! What a delectable dinner we have here!πŸ€—πŸ”₯

Thank you for reading my article!πŸ€— Stay safe, keep healthy, and bye!✋πŸ‘ŠπŸ˜Š

Note:
  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Do not copy this article without permission
  • Do not reuse these photographs anywhere else without permission




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sauteed Mix Veggie and Sio Peck Chye

Boiled Egg Soup

Miso Soup