Stir-fry Mushrooms Tikka Masala Sauce with Curry Leaves

 


Ichi's Fusion Recipes: Stir-fry mushroom cooked with tikka masala sauce and curry leaves, tempura tempeh with curry leaves, Japanese rice with nori and furikake - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Hi, welcome back to Ichi's Fusion Recipes. So, what do we have today? Well, I am going to share one of our favorites taste recently. And I am excited about it as I also explore what can I create by using tikka masala sauce. Let's check it out!🤞😉

First of all, the mushroom is not my culture as you have known that I mentioned in another article that I come from a place where cassava was our staple food. On top of that, my village has hot weather and rain season only in a short time. Once in a while, we experience a prolonged dry season. Therefore, mushroom is not our eating habit since it is not easy to find or grow them. However, mushroom, especially oyster mushroom has been grown by some people in my hometown who have the courage to do it like a business even though it is tough since the climate is not suited for becoming a mushroom farmer. It needs lots of equipment and meticulous maintenance, otherwise, the mushroom will fail. It is too risky compared to farmers who grow native plants such as cassava, corn, and some vegetables. So, if the mushroom had never appeared on the menu, how I met this ingredient?


Ichi's Fusion Recipes: stir-fry mushroom tikka - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

I do not remember the exact time, my guess is when I was in high school when our relative said that he ate mushrooms. It was a black fungus that had grown on the mango in his yards branch by itself. We call black fungus "jamur kuping"; "jamur" means fungus and "kuping" means ear (because it resembles ear). It was the first time saw and heard that black fungus was edible food. I think some of my neighbors had cooked some mushrooms once in a while. They did not buy it as it was not a common ingredient that was sold in the market but found it around crop fields or specific places for instance the place that had been covered by trees. Meanwhile at home, I had never eaten any mushrooms. That was the first time I knew that black fungus is an edible food source.

After moving to Singapore, I have found that mushrooms are sold whether in the wet market or hypermarket as those are regular ingredients in daily cooking for local people, especially ethnic Chinese. Meanwhile, for me, since I am interested in Japanese foods, I do cook with mushrooms for instance shiitake mushroom for Japanese soup. In another word, I am getting used to eating mushrooms. In another time I made stir-fry mushroom too. And in this article, I want to share my stir-fry mushroom cooked with tikka masala sauce. I bet you can not find mushrooms tikka in any eateries because usually, people cook chicken tikka, am I right?😁 That is something that makes home cook is the best as we have to develop, learn, and try something new daily in the kitchen to create delectable foods for our family at home!🤩✌ Furthermore, I have always been concerned that I want to cook a dish without consuming my time. This is it, Stir-fry Mushrooms Tikka with Curry Leaves.

Ingredient:
  • 150 g of fresh black fungus

Fresh black fungus - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • About 300 g of oyster mushroom

Oyster mushroom - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • 5-6 tbsp of tikka masala sauce

Tikka masala - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • 2,5 g of low sodium salt
  • 2,5 g of garlic powder

Garlic and onion powder - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • 2,5 of onion powder
  • 4-6 cloves of garlic - chop them
  • Curry leaves - you can put 5 leaves and for me, I put a lot!😅
  • 50 ml of olive oil
  • 2 tbsp of salted butter
These are what you do:
  • Prepare the black fungus and oyster mushroom
  • Prepare the pan, add garlic that you chopped, curry leaves, and pour olive oil. Turn on the stove on medium-low flame. Saute for about 3 minutes

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti


Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Add black fungus and oyster mushroom, and add butter. Stir them for about 5 minutes

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti


Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Add tikka masala sauce, stir them well and cook for about 5 minutes. Note: I use tikka masala sauce from Tesco or Sainsbury's
  • This recipe is enough for 4-5 people
It is easy, simple, and tasty. On top of that, it does not consume my time in the kitchen!👊🤩 I am delighted with the result!🤗 


Ichi's Fusion Recipes: stir-fry mushroom tikka masala sauce &curry leaves, tempura tempeh curry leaves, Japanese rice with nori and furikake, kiwi, a glass of coconut water - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

To eat this dish, I combine it with tempura tempeh curry leaves and Japanese rice. I also substitute rice with boiled sweet potato and pumpkin. Yeah, tempura tempeh curry leaf is definitely something new on the dining table that I serve. We love the crisp curry leaf that we put in!😋 I am crazy about it!🥰😁

On the other days, I cooked squid tikka masala by using Sainsbury's tikka masala sauce. The steps to make squid tikka is similar to this mushroom tikka. the taste was absolutely amazing!🌞😋


Ichi's Fusion Recipes: boiled potato, squid cooked with tikka masala sauce, boiled vegetable, an orange, and a glass of coconut water - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti


Ichi's Fusion Recipes: Squid cooked with tikka masala sauce - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti


Ichi's Fusion Recipes: To eat squid tikka masala I mix them all - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

With tikka sauce, we can use some different ingredients, for instance, tiger prawn, squid, and mushroom. And I found it fascinating as we are able to experience different tastes because of the main ingredient that we use. For example, mushroom tikka, for me, the taste is more likely fish curry. Meanwhile, tiger prawn tikka, prawn itself enhances the flavor to be more savory.

Thank you for reading my article, see you in another article. Stay safe, and have a cheerful day!🖐🌈😊

Note:
  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Do not copy this article without permission
  • Do not reuse these photographed anywhere else without permission



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sauteed Mix Veggie and Sio Peck Chye

Boiled Egg Soup

Miso Soup