Dinner Idea: Steam Tofu With Peanut butter lime sauce


Dinner idea: Steam tofu with peanut butter lime sauce - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti / Acik Mdy

Hi all of you, how you doing? I hope you are doing fine and so is your family there. Wow, what we have today for dinner? Inspired by traditional food from Indonesia that called siomay, I made this kind in my way and in my recipe. If you are looking at siomay recipes out there, I believe there are a bunch of it. But I made an improvement and make it easy to cook it so everyone could make it. So, let's check it out!

1. Make tofu steam with tapioca flour

Ingredient:
  • 100 g of tapioca flour
  • 25 g of plain flour - I use Tesco flour
  • 4 block of white tofu - cut in half and make it a hole

Cut the tofu. I forgot to drain it with kitchen paper - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti / Acik Mdy
  • 2 fried tofu - cut in half and make a hole 
  • 2 egg - I always love to choose low cholesterol egg or carrot egg
  • Carrot - shredded it
  • Purple cabbage - shredded it
  • 7-10 g of salt
  • 10 g of garlic & onion powder (spice blended). The option just give it garlic powder
  • 10 g of onion powder
  • 5 g of chives - Tesco chive
  • 5 g of black pepper powder
  • 100 - 150 ml of warm water - add 25-50 ml if need it
These are what you do:
  • Add tapioca flour and plain flour in a bowl
  • Add salt, garlic, onion, chive, and black pepper powder
  • Pour warm water slowly and mix them well
  • Now fill the hole in the white tofu and fried tofu with the seasoning dough

Fill the hole with seasoning dough - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti / Acik Mdy


Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti / Acik Mdy
  • Additional you can take 2 leaves of white cabbage and fill them with the dough also (just optional)
  • Put them in the steamer

Steam the tofu - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti / Acik Mdy
  • Done! This tofu steam is for 2 servings
  • Don forget to boil the egg
2. Now make the peanut butter lime sauce:

Ingredient:
  • around 150 - 175 g of peanut butter - I use Tesco smooth peanut butter
  • 4 cloves of garlic
  • 2 leaves of kaffir lime
  • 1 lime - squeeze it and take out the juice
  • about 20 ml of olive oil - add it more 10 ml if need it
  • Now blender all of these ingredients, just make sure the kaffir lime leaves and garlic is blend well
  • Now the lime sauce is ready! The sauce in this recipe is for 4 servings

The peanut butter lime sauce - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti / Acik Mdy

3. Prepare the dinner
  • first, place peanut butter lime sauce

Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti / Acik Mdy
  • Place white tofu, fried tofu steam ( I prepare to cut it before serving)
  • Place the boiled egg, you can cut it into two pieces

Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti / Acik Mdy
  • Add carrot and purple cabbage on it

Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti / Acik Mdy


Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti / Acik Mdy
  • Now the dinner is ready. Don't forget to eat fruit!
What do you think? If you read my previous article, well you know that the peanut butter sauce I made it before for our salad sauce. Yes, we can substitute the lemon with the lime. Due to the coronavirus situation, I think I make an adjustment in our food at home. Well, if I could find plain flour then I grab it, if not I will grab another source like tapioca flour or sagu flour. And you know, this is challenging me to create or cooking food that I haven't made before. Of course, I would like to cook in my way (the easy way) so everyone can do it. Thank you for reading my article, stay safe, and hang in there. There is a light after the storm! 

Note:
  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti / Acik Mdy
  • Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti / Acik Mdy
  • Do not copy this article without permissions
  • Do not reuse these photographs anywhere else

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sauteed Mix Veggie and Sio Peck Chye

Boiled Egg Soup

Miso Soup