Dinner Idea: Veggie Beef Soup

 


Dinner idea: veggie beef soup - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Inspired by an indonesian dish called "soto sapi", I create it in my way and with ingredient around me. I mentioned in my article before that I can't eat any meat and seafood, yet in some cases I could take it. I remember when I was kid that I couldn't eat meat (duck, chicken, beef, mutton etc). I was wondering why and failed to find the reason. One day my father cooked meat and it was mutton that our neighbor gave it to us. I ate some and my body accepted, that was for the first time and the last time. Nowadays, I have to be careful when cooking meat and seafood. Because some little unpleasant smell will make me nausea and vomiting directly. 


Dinner idea: veggie beef soup, Japanese rice - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

If we are talking about beef soup, I always remember the old day when I was study at a university for my Bachelor degree. There was a small stall nearby my campus which sells a beef soup. This shop is still exsist until today. Their taste is soo great, especially the unpleasant smell is gone! Unfortunately, I could not eat that soup often because my limited budget every month. But today every time we go there I can visit this shop and eat their beef soup. 

Speaking of which, are we talking about recipe or novel or what? Ok, let's take a look how I create recipe for my beef soup.

Ingredient:
  • 500 g beef cube
  • 6 cloves of garlic - chop them
  • 6 cloves or 8 cloves of shallot - cut them
  • 20 ml of olive oil
  • 45 ml of Japanese rice vinegar

Rice vinegar - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti


  • 20 g of low sodium salt
  • 15 g of onion powder
  • 10 g of garlic powder

Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti


  • 10 g of black pepper powder
  • 5 g of ginger powder
  • 1 stalk celery - cut as you wish
  • 6 kafir lime leaves
  • 3 stalk of lemongrass - cut in thin 
  • Some french bean
  • 2-4 leaves of cabbage
  • 2 medium carrot or any size
  • Cherry tomato
  • 150 g of bean sprout
  • fried shallot
  • 1 lime - cut them
  • 1800 ml of water
These are what you do:
  • Prepare the pan or a pot. Pour olive oil, add garlic and shallot that you chop. Turn on the stove on medium-low flame. Saute for about 3 minutes

Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti


  • Add the beef, and pour Japanese rice vinegar. Stir them for about 5-7 minutes

Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti


Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Pour water, add lemongrass, kafir lime leaves, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, ginger powder, and black pepper powder. Bring to boil and stir slowly. Let it sit for about 10-15 minutes. Turn off the stove

Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Now boil the french bean, carrot, and also bean sprout. For me, I don't need to boil my cabbage. It is up to you that want raw veggie or boiled one
Prepare dinner:
  • Take 1 or 2 beef meat from the pot, cut them
  • Pour the broth first then put in the meat that you cut

Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti


Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Now put the Japanese rice in the middle of the plate. Place vegetable around it
  • Place cherry tomato. Final touch: place/ garnish with celery and fried shallot


Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Serve with lime. When you ready to eat then you can pour the broth from the bowl on the veggie plate. Take lime and squeeze it on it. Dinner is ready. Don't forget to eat fruit!

Dinner idea: Veggie beef soup. When you ready to eat; pour the broth on the veggie plate; take the lime and squeez it on it - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

What do you think? it looks good, huh? this recipe is enough for 4 serving. Have a nice weekend and take care!

Note:
  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Do not copy this article without permission
  • Do not reuse these photographs anywhere else without permission














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sauteed Mix Veggie and Sio Peck Chye

Boiled Egg Soup

Miso Soup