Dinner idea: Crispy Baked Shishamo

 

Dinner idea: crispy baked shishamo, boiled potato, boiled kale, french bean, carrot, and cherry tomato - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Look at that, what we have today? Today I am going to share one of my favorite fish recipes! It is shishamo as known capelin. So, let's check it out!

Ingredient:
  • 240 g of shishamo
  • 30 ml of Japanese rice vinegar
  • 60-80 g of potato starch
  • 20-25 ml of oyster sauce
  • 5 g of garlic powder
  • 5 g of onion powder
  • 5 g of paprika - optional
  • 5 g of crushed red chili pepper - optional
  • 1 leaf of kale - cut as you wish
  • red potato - enough for 2 person
  • Some of french bean
  • 1 medium carrot - cut as you wish
These are what you do:
  • Prepare a container, put in the shishamo, pour with Japanese rice vinegar, shake a little bit, and close the container. Put in the fridge at least 1 hour
  • Prepare a bowl, pour oyster sauce, add garlic powder, onion powder, paprika powder, crushed red chili pepper, mix them well
  • Take out the shishamo from the fridge, and cover them with mix seasoning
  • Roll the fish/ cover with potato starch
  • Prepare the tray, pour about 20-25 ml of olive oil, arrange the shishamo on it, then pour about 15 ml of olive oil on it
  • Bake in the oven for 15 minutes first in 200 degrees Celcius. Check them, if you satisfied then take them out. For me, personally, I flip them and pour/ spray olive oil again, then give it 5-7 minutes to bake them again
  • Now boil all vegetables. For me, sometimes I would like to add a chicken stock cube or add 1 g salt, 1 g garlic, and onion powder to boil my vegetables
  • Steam or boil the potato
Arrange dinner:
  • Place the boiled vegetables first
  • Place boiled potato
  • Place crispy baked shishamo
  • Now, dinner is ready! Do not forget to eat fruit!
 
Dinner idea: crispy baked shishamo, boiled potato, boiled vegetables, kiwi, a glass of jasmine tea - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti


I am quite sad when people around me said that eating vegetables and fruit is just for diet. I also feeling upset at an early age (30-an) they have health issues such as high blood pressure or even diabetes. Many of them think that cooking at home will consume their time, in fact, we can make cooking dinner is easier, tasty, yet healthy too. It should become our eating habits or lifestyle. Neither vegan nor vegetarian, just balance. That's my message in my book. Indeed, I am not a professional chef or master chef, I just an ordinary woman who wants to share my kitchen recipes. Furthermore, I want to help others who want cooking simple, easy, yet tasty.

Thank you for reading my article, see you and bye 🖐😊

Note:
  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Do not copy this article without permission
  • Do not reuse these photographs anywhere else without permission


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sauteed Mix Veggie and Sio Peck Chye

Boiled Egg Soup

Miso Soup