Dinner Idea: Stir-Fried Kale With Anchovy

 


Dinner idea: Stir-fried kale with anchovy, omelet with celery, and Japanese rice - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

What we have today? Well, today I am gonna share one of my favorites veggies; it is kale! And recently I created a new dish that unusual. What is that? Cooking kale sounds common, right? But, what if we add anchovy, are they blending well? Good news for you, yes it is!

Going back many years ago, I used to eat cassava leaves. If you buy my book then you had already known that I was born and grow up in a small village with abundant veggies and fruit around me. My father planted fruit trees, vegetables, and also flowers. I remember that my father's house looked like a flower park but at the same time, it was also a cassava field. He loved flowers! One of the edible leaves that we ate at the time was cassava leaves. Yes, my father grew our own food. So, why I am telling you this story? Because cassava leaves and kale have the same texture and almost the taste.


Dinner idea: kale with anchovy, Japanese rice, omelet - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

If we are talking about kale; it is an uncommon vegetable from my hometown. After moved to Singapore then I knew vegetable that called "kale".  Kale is an expensive vegetable in Singapore; the price is $6. I would rather buy red spinach that only costs around $1. Yet, I like to buy kale sometimes. Why? Because it reminds me of the taste of cassava leaves. You guess... Yes, we can't find cassava leaves here in Singapore. 

Well, enough talking about the story, time to share the recipe! It is simple, easy, yet tasty. Let's rock!

Ingredient:
  • 4 cloves of garlic - chop them
  • 2 tbsp of olive oil
  • 2-3 leaves of kale - cut them
  • a handful of anchovy 
These are what you do:
  • Prepare the pan, pour olive oil, add garlic that you chop. Turn on the stove on medium-low flame. Saute for about 2 minutes

Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Add the kale and anchovy. Stir them for about 3 minutes. Turn off the stove

Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Now stir-fried kale and anchovy is ready
Arrange the dinner:
  • Place Japanese rice first. You can substitute rice with couscous
  •  Place omelet on it
  • Now place stir-fried kale with anchovy
  • Add cherry tomato
  • Don't forget to eat fruit too!

Dinner idea: stir-fried kale with anchovy, Japanese rice, omelet, apple, and a glass of green tea - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Easy recipe, right? We don't need to add salt because anchovy gives the salty taste. This combination is great; we love it! Thank you and have a nice Sunday! 😘🤞

Note:
  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Do not copy this article without permission
  • Do not reuse these photographs anywhere else without permission










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sauteed Mix Veggie and Sio Peck Chye

Boiled Egg Soup

Miso Soup