Dinner Idea: Veggie Tempeh Patties & Fusilli With Tomato Mirin Soy Sauce

 


Dinner idea: Veggie tempeh & fusilli with tomato mirin soy sauce - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Hi all of you, how you doing? Well, well... what we have today? Today I am gonna share the tempeh recipe again! Since the coronavirus first confirmed in Singapore, it is hard to find tempeh. But I got it a few days ago! I bought some and become our dinner, again and again 🙄👌 , Of course, I cooked it in my ways. 

This recipe has a story too. Inspired by the steak tempeh recipe that I found many years ago. Remember I told you in my article before that in my spare time I helped a food stall owner in the kitchen while studying my Bachelor's degree. Sometimes I read some recipes written on the spice wrap. The stall owner threw away them in the garbage but I kept some of them. Some day one of my friends asked me, "why are you collecting trash? what for?" 🙄 You know, when I had to go for student study services in a small village, I taught villager women how to make baked tofu; at the weekend, I cooked steak tempeh with other friends. How about today? Well, I wrote baked tofu (in my ways) in my book; still love to cook tempeh! All this knowledge came from "trash collection" 😊

So, let's take a look at how I made this dish. It looks the same as the first time I made it many years ago but this day I create in different ways. Let's rock! 😉

1. Veggie tempeh patties

Ingredient:
  • 250 g tempeh - cut in small pieces
  • 15 g rice flour
  • 40 g of plain flour
  • 2 low cholesterol egg - I love carrot egg
  • 10 g onion powder
  • 7 g of garlic powder
  • 7 g of low sodium salt
  • 7-10 g of paprika powder - optional
  • 1 stalk of celery - cut them
  • a handful of mix veggie - I use frozen veggie (corn, french bean, peas, carrot)
  • 400 ml of canola oil
These are what you do:
  • Prepare a bowl, add rice flour, plain flour, egg, tempeh, celery, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and frozen veggie. Blend all of them together, use a ladle or pestle or anything tool in your kitchen to make the tempeh smooth and blend well

Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

  • Prepare the pan, pour canola oil, and turn on the stove on medium-low flame
  • Scoop the mixture with a small ladle and place them in a pan. Cook until both sides golden brown. Take them out, and turn off the stove. Place on kitchen paper

Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

2. Make the sauce

Ingredient:
  • 2 tbsp of maize
  • 1/2 tbsp of mirin
  • 4 tbsp of tomato sauce - I use tomato sauce for pasta
  • 2 tbsp of soy sauce
  • About 250 ml - 300 ml of water
  • 6 cloves of shallot
  • 2 tbsp of olive oil
These are what you do:
  • Prepare the pan, pour olive oil, and add shallot (chop/cut them). Turn on the stove on medium-low flame. Saute about 3 minutes
  • Pour water, add tomato sauce, mirin, soy sauce, and maize. I add about 5 g of onion powder. Stir them well for about2-3 minutes. Turn off the stove
3. Fusilli

This part is easy, I just boil my fusilli. I add 1 g of salt and garlic powder to give a little bit of taste.

4. Arrange dinner
  • Place boiled fusilli first
  • Place some veggie tempeh patties on it

Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti


Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

  • Pour the sauce on it


Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Do not forget to eat fruit

Dinner idea: veggie tempeh patties & fusilli with tomato mirin soy sauce, an apple, and a glass of tea - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

This recipe is for 4 people! What do you think? We love it! Thank you for reading my article and see you. Take care and stay safe.

Note:
  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Do not copy this article without permission
  • Do not reuse these photographs anywhere else without permission










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sauteed Mix Veggie and Sio Peck Chye

Boiled Egg Soup

Miso Soup