Veggie Fried Hokkien Mee with Multipurpose Homemade Fresh Seasoning and Anchovies

 

Veggie Fried hokkien Mee with multipurpose homemade fresh seasoning and anchovies - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Hi, all of you, how you doing? I hope you are in good shape and ready for your weekend. So, what are you planning for this weekend? For me, I think it time to buy fruit and fresh vegetables, and also visiting the wet market to see the flower in the flower & plant shop. Or cooking with family it would be fun!😉

Cooking noodle is easier for me because it is a simple and quick menu to make during the peak day. Especially when I have multipurpose homemade fresh seasoning so that I can easy to prepare our meal in time! It sounds good, isn't it? By making fresh seasoning that we can use for cooking some dishes will help me a lot to save my time in the kitchen. In the past, I needed at least one and a half hours to cook our meal it often 2 hours. But not today!🤗

I remember the time when I was studied at a university to get my Bachelor's degree. I had to endure that I could not buy a portion of fried noodles. Why it happened? Because the price of fried noodles was three-time of my one meal. One day, one of the students asked me, "you are not bored eating in the same food stall every day?" Yes, my daily meal was bread in the morning, veggie soup & fried tempeh for lunch and omelet & stir-fried veggie for dinner. Unlike me, most students would buy any different lunch or dinner in any different food stall or even restaurant every day, for instance, fried noodles, fried rice, meatball soup, grilled fish or meat et cetera. Meanwhile, I just had to stuck with the same menu day by day in the same food stall. Well, I was just a poor student at that time, my priority just to pay my tuition fee, room rent on time, bought the textbooks that I needed. What was in my head, was thinking someday I could eat anything I want, but first I get my degree! 

A few years later after got my Bachelor's degree, before coronavirus year at least once a year I visit the city where I was stuck with the same menu every day while getting my Bachelor's degree. Visiting the same food stall to meet and greet the food stall owner. Another thing is that finding food that I want to eat, going around the city, or just visiting tourist spots.

Unlike holidays, at home, I would like doing cooking our own meals daily. One of them is fried noodles. I am not a noodle fan actually, but I want to cook it sometimes. Inspired by fried noodles that I hadn't ever bought in the past, I create my own recipe by using my multipurpose homemade fresh seasoning to make a quick meal. Let's check it out!

Ingredient:

  • 420 g of flat hokkien noodle
  • 2 tbsp of multipurpose homemade fresh seasoning - Whether red or brown is just fine! I prefer red homemade seasoning
  • 5 g of onion powder
  • 5 g of garlic powder
  • a handful of dried split fish- wash before use
  • a handful of pea sprout
  • 1/2 of medium carrot - cut thin size
  • white cabbage - you need 4 leaves; cut as you wish
  • a bunch of celery - some stalk and cut finely
  • 50 ml of olive oil
  • 100 ml of water
  • 45 ml of tempura & noodle soy sauce
These are what you do:
  • Prepare the pan, pour olive oil and add multipurpose handmade fresh seasoning and dried split fish. Turn on the stove on medium-low flame. Saute for about 3-5 minutes
  • Turn on the stove on medium flame. Add Hokkien noodle, pour tempura & noodle soy sauce, pour water, garlic powder, and onion powder. Stir them for about 5-7 minutes
  • Turn the stove on medium-low flame. Add all vegetables, stir them for another 3-5 minutes. Then turn off the stove
  • Veggie fried Hokkien noodle is ready!

Veggie fried Hokkien Mee with multipurpose homemade fresh seasoning & anchovies, boiled carrot egg, Japanese cucumber, boiled sweet corn, an apple - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

It looks easy, right? In just around 15 minutes this meal is ready! Fresh food and tasty! This menu is for 3 people. I do not need to add salt, however, if you think need a salty taste then it is up to you. Read how to make red and brown multipurpose homemade fresh seasoning before if you want to know how to make them. 

Have a wonderful weekend and take care!🖐😊

My new article on Ichi's Garden; Red Hibiscus: The Forgotten flower. Link here https://ichi-garden.blogspot.com/2021/03/red-hibiscus-forgotten-flower.html

My another article on Ichi's Garden; Habranthus Robustus: The toughest plant both in Hot and Rain Seasons. Link here https://ichi-garden.blogspot.com/2021/03/habrantus-robustus-toughest-plant-both.html

Note:
  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Do not copy this article without permission
  • Do not reuse these photographs anywhere else without permission

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sauteed Mix Veggie and Sio Peck Chye

Boiled Egg Soup

Miso Soup