Grilled Fillet Grouper with Sukiyaki Sauce

 

Ichi's Fusion Recipes; Grilled Grouper Fillet with Sukiyaki - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Hi, welcome back to Ichi's Fusion Recipes! Today I am gonna share one of our favorite menus; it is grilled fish! In this recipe, I would like to show you how to make grilled grouper with sukiyaki or Japanese sauce! Believe me, the taste is really great!😋

First, talking about fish is something that makes me have always been excited because fish is my favorite food ingredient. However, it is not all fish I would like to eat. Only some fish like mackerel, salmon, grouper, seabass, tuna, shishamo, there are some fish that I would like to eat. In the past, I did not want to eat freshwater fish such as catfish and tilapia. But, I started eating catfish when I studied at a university and I found how to cook it more tasty and delicious! I think I went to the right city not only to study but also learned and found how to cook some ingredients (catfish for example) more great and delectable!

Ichi's Fusion Recipes; grilled fillet grouper with sukiyaki sauce, green tea soba, boiled green spinach, cheery tomatoes, physalis, a pear, and a glass of jasmine tea - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

When my father was a successful career man, we often ate sea fish for instance mackerel because I really loved this fish. Usually, it cooked with coconut milk which was Indonesian fish curry. After my father lost everything, eating sea fish was just some kind of dream. I remember a kind and good person bought sea fish for my family. She was not our family or relative, but she was the only one who cared about my school and gave me school assistance monthly. Therefore, sometimes I feel sad when cooking fish at home. I wish my father still alive and eating fish like salmon or shishamo. He would love it!😊

Speaking of which, this recipe is easy and simple so that you can try to make it at home. Let's rock!

Ingredient:

  • 500 g frozen fillet grouper
  • 2 big yellow onion - cut in thin-slice
  • a bunch of celery
  • 60 ml of sukiyaki sauce

Ichi's Fusion Recipes; sukiyaki sauce - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • 50 ml of soy sauce - I choose gluten-free
  • 100 ml of olive oil
These are what you do:
  • Prepare a container box
  • Wash the fillet grouper first in running water. I do need to defrost them
  • Place some thin-slice of yellow onion into a container
  • Put 2 fillet grouper on thin-slice yellow onion, put thin-slice yellow onion, and some celery. Pour 20 ml of sukiyaki sauce on it

Ichi's Fusion Recipe - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Repeat the same step, close the container, and put it in the fridge for at least one hour
  • Take out the container from the fridge, prepare the tray
  • Arrange the grouper one with all yellow onion and celery and pouring them with gluten-free soy sauce

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Pour olive oil all over the fish
  • Prepare the oven, set in 230 degrees Celcius, bake in 20 minutes
  • After 20 minutes, I give it 20 minutes more and flip the fish carefully

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Note: if you are satisfied by baking the fish in 20 minutes then it is up to you. Giving another 20 minutes just an option
  • Another tip: while baking this grouper we can bake vegetables on the same tray for instance brussel sprout, or baby wong bok😉 , However, I bake my vegetable only for 20 minutes
  • I eat my grilled grouper with green tea soba. Or sometimes with boiled sweet potatoes! You can eat them with Japanese white rice or boiled potato is great too!

Ichi's Fusion Recipe: green tea soba - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

I really love the result that the unpleasant smell from the fish is gone! I do not like eating fish when they are not completely or properly cooked. Moreover, I like to use Japanese sauce because they are great to create tasty food. Combining with yellow onion and celery would help to brush off a fishy smell. 


Ichi's Fusion Recipes; grilled fillet grouper with sukiyaki sauce, baked wong bok, stir-fried glass noodles, cherry tomatoes, and boiled sweet potatoes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

What do you think? Easy cooking, right, even though need time to bake it. But it is not that difficult to prepare it. Have a nice try!

Read my another article from Ichi's Garden; The Challenge of Growing The Oxalis Plant in The Apartment, link here https://ichi-garden.blogspot.com/2021/03/the-challenge-of-growing-oxalis-plant.html

My new article on The Journey of Ichi's Family; 8 Years of Writing on The Journey of Ichi's Family, What Have I got? link here https://ichi-journey.blogspot.com/2021/03/8-years-of-writing-on-journey-of-ichis.html

See you in the next article, bye for now!🖐😊

Note:
  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Do not copy this article without permission
  • Do not reuse these photographs anywhere else without permission

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sauteed Mix Veggie and Sio Peck Chye

Boiled Egg Soup

Miso Soup