Stir-fried Tiger Prawn with Sukiyaki Sauce and Green Spinach

 

Ichi's Fusion Recipes: stir-fried tiger prawn with sukiyaki and green spinach, brown rice with furikake on it, cherry tomatoes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Hi, welcome to Ichi's Fusion Recipes! Look at that picture above, prawn and spinach!😋 Today I am gonna share my recipe from my kitchen that I called "awesome."

Are you kidding me? Prawn? I know this ingredient could trigger my histamine. But, I cooked it with some precaution and ready to take my loratadine after eating this dish. Luckily, my allergy did not appear which means that I am fine until now. I do not know why sometimes my allergy pops up when eating kinds of seafood, but if I remember about it that I ate seafood dishes from outside or buying from a food stall.

Ichi's Fusion Recipes: stir-fried tiger prawn with sukiyaki sauce and green spinach - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Hm🙂 Talking about prawns I have always remembered the story of when one of my grandmas gave it to my family. One of our relatives worked at a prawn farm. When visiting this farm to meet this relative, my grandma would bring home some tiger prawns and hidden them in her armpit. Why? Because it was company rules that visitors do not allow to bring home prawns. My grandma had always succeeded to pass the security checks and brought some prawns for us at home. Bringing home some prawns and we had to share them with my other cousin which meant I just ate 2 prawns. We could not afford to buy big prawns or tiger prawns. Our life just like a sinking boat in the ocean. If I am not wrong, for 16 years lived in my hometown, I ate prawn only twice! 😅

I bought tiger prawn from a hypermarket nearby on Saturday last week and cooked it. At first, I thought I wanted to bake it in the oven, but a few minutes before started cooking I changed my mind! I decided to season it with sukiyaki. So, let's check it out!

Ingredient:

  • 250 g of tiger prawn
  • 20 ml of sukiyaki sauce
  • 10 g of garlic powder
  • 10 g of onion powder or I add 10 g garlic & onion spice blend
  • Some of lemon basil
  • 1 pack of green spinach
  • 100-150 ml of olive oil
  • 1 big yellow onion; peel and finely cut
  • 4-6 cloves of garlic; peel and chop them
  • 5 g of black pepper powder
These are what you do:
  • Peel off the tiger prawn and wash
  • Put the tiger prawns into a zipper bag
  • Pour sukiyaki sauce into the zipper bag that we put the prawn. Add garlic powder, onion powder (or add garlic and onion spice blend), and put lemon basil leaves
  • Sake the zipper back and place it in the fridge for at least 15 minutes
  • Take out the zipper bag from the fridge
  • Prepare the pan and pour olive oil. Turn on the stove on medium-low flame
  • Add onion and garlic that you chop and cut. Saute for about 3 minutes

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Add season tiger prawn and add black pepper powder. Stir for a few seconds. and let it fry for 5-7 minutes, flip them, and let it fully cooked. Give it another for 5-7 minutes. Turn off the stove

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Boil the green spinach. Do not boil for more than 5 minutes. For me, 3 minutes is just fine
  • Place the boiled green spinach on the pan where the tiger prawn is, and mix them well
  • Now stir-fried tiger prawn with sukiyaki and green spinach is ready to eat!
What do you think? We can eat it with brown rice or you can boil spaghetti or pasta, then mix it with stir-fried tiger prawn with sukiyaki and green spinach. It sounds, great? Let's eat! I would like to combine it with tempura tempeh, boiled corn, and appalam (Indian cracker).😁😋


Stir-fried tiger prawn with sukiyaki and green spinach, brown rice with furikake on it, cherry tomatoes, boiled corn, tempura tempeh, appalam, a peach, and a glass of jasmine tea - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Thank you for reading my article, there is a new article on The Journey of Ichi's Family; Physalis's Story: From snake food to an expensive one. Here is the link https://ichi-journey.blogspot.com/2021/03/physaliss-story-from-snake-food-to.html  See you in another article and bye for now!🖐🙂

Note:
  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Do not copy this article without permission
  • Do not reuse These photographs anywhere else without permission



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sauteed Mix Veggie and Sio Peck Chye

Boiled Egg Soup

Miso Soup