Pan-fry Sukiyaki Saba with Butter and Kaffir Lime Leaves

 


Pan-fry sukiyaki saba with butter and kaffir lime leaves - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

It's been a while, how have you been? Today I am going to share one of our favorite menus at home which has a lovely and delectable taste that you will like. Moreover, it is piece of cake and effortless to create this awesome dish on the table for your family as only use 1 sauce! It sounds good, isn't it?

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Ingredient:

  • 280 g filled saba
  • 30 ml of sukiyaki sauce

Sukiyaki sauce - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • 3-4 kaffir lime leaves
  • 3-4 tbsp of butter
These are what you do:
  • Wash the saba before cook; pour sukiyaki sauce into a zipper plastic bag
  • Put filled saba into it, gentle shake until the sukiyaki sauce cover all over the saba fish
  • Prepare the pan, add butter and kaffir lime leaves

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Turn on the stove on medium-low flame

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Place the saba fish carefully, make the flame lower but not on low flame. Wait for 2 minutes before you flip them. In the meantime, while we are waiting, tilt the pan and scoop melted butter with a spoon then pour it on the saba fish surface. This technic is the same when I cook my salmon. If you are following Ichi's Fusion Recipes, you would recall this specific technic.

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • After flipping the saba, give it a few seconds before taking them off from the pan. Turn off the stove
  • Tips: I have never turned my stove on medium flame or high flame when making pan-fry fish. The reason is that I want to make my fish fully cooked both outside and inside
Prepare the meal:


Ichi's Fusion Recipes: sukiyaki saba with butter and kaffir lime leaves, basmati rice with furikake on top of it, Ichi's signature salad, an orange - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Place pan-fry sukiyaki saba on the plate

Sukiyaki saba with butter and kaffir lime leaves - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • This time I add basmati white rice with furikake on top of it
  • Ichi's signature salad 

Ichi's signature salad - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • And an orange! Do not forget to eat fruit!😉
That's it? YES! it is easy, right? The taste is exquisite! 🤩😍 We love this menu. The key is the sauce choice that I am used to cooking my fish. I have always loved Japanese sauce (product of Japan; not Japanese sauce product others country) because one of the things that I admire about it is that this particular sauce is able to cover the scent of the fish. As you know, I can't eat fish if the fishy smell is easy to identify. Directly, I feel nausea even before putting the fish dish into my mouth. 

Read my another article on The Journey of Ichi's Family, here is the link https://ichi-journey.blogspot.com/2022/01/sharing-happiness-through-food-to-build.html


Thank you for reading my article, stay safe and take care!🖐😊

Note:
  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Do not copy this article without permission
  • Do not reuse these photographs anywhere else without permission

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sauteed Mix Veggie and Sio Peck Chye

Boiled Egg Soup

Miso Soup