Easy Set Menu: Tom Yam Yong Tau Fu, Ichi's Signature Omelet

 

Ichi's Fusion Recipes: Tom yam yong tau fu served with boiled pumpkin, Ichi's signature omelet, grapes, and longan - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Hi, how's it going? Welcome to Ichi's Fusion Recipes! Today I am going to share an easy peasy set menu for our dinner or lunch. Which one do you prefer, it is your call! Meanwhile for me, either dinner or lunch, we can take it without bother at all!😉 

My first impression by looking at this complete menu is YUMMY! This is one of our favorite menus at home as it won't take long to prepare this menu. In about 30 minutes this set menu would be ready! It is great and amazing!🤩 That is the reason why we cook yong tau fu frequently since our plate has always been full! Easy to prepare yet it boosts our energy instantly because we are able to choose the ingredient by adding lots of vegetables or combining it with another side dish one example omelet!

Recently one of my friends said, "wow, you are a master at cooking now, you can cook India food such as tikka." I said that we do not need to be a master to cook, everyone could learn. In my case, tikka masala, well, I just buy the tikka masala sauce from a hypermarket nearby. Making tikka spice from scratch, I can do it, however, time is running out so fast in our daily life. For this reason, I have always chosen powder, sauce, paste, et cetera to give a taste to my meals. I put mortar and pestle behind and have never looked back since then. Yeah, I used to grind the spice from scratch by using mortar and pestle, but not these days!😊 The same method I chose to create this recipe. I picked tom yam paste that I bought from a hypermarket.


 Tom yam paste that I pick - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

In Singapore, it is easy to buy yong tau fu from eateries. However, in my point of view, I would like to make yong tau fu at home. The first reason is that I could add some more vegetables to my yong tau fu. The second is that I am able to control the spiciness as hot and spicy food is not my kind of thing so that I would be delighted if I can prepare my yong tau fu with my hands.

1. Tom Yam Yong Tau Fu


Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti


Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti


Ingredient:

  • 2 pack yong tau fu
  • 3 1/5 tbsp of tom yam paste
  • 1-2 g of low sodium salt
  • 1 pack green spinach
  • radish
  • about 300 g of pumpkin
  • 1 big tomato
  • 1200 ml of water
  • Fried shallot

Yong Tau Fu - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti


These are what you do:
  • First, steam the pumpkin. I use the rice cooker to steam my pumpkin
  • Boil the spinach and tomato
  • Now prepare the saucepan and pour water. Add tom yam paste and salt, and turn on the stove on medium flame. Let it boil then turn off the stove
  • Now the last thing is to slice the radish
  • Tips: If you can not find a set of yong tau fu, you can buy white tofu, dried tofu, and make fishballs (or just buy it), bean curd. For the vegetable, you could choose ladyfinger, wong bok (Chinese cabbage), bell pepper, kangkong, and mushroom!🤞😉😃
2. Ichi's Signature Omelet

Some of you might wonder why I call my omelet recipe is Ichi's signature omelet. I have eaten eggs since I was small. The egg is like the staple food that I must have in my kitchen. Eating eggs daily has become my tradition or it could be a family tradition that my father taught me to eat every morning. So, I have been growing with this routine. As a result, I bring it into my own family now where we eat eggs in our regular basic life. Because of this reason, I create some omelet recipes and I am happy to call it Ichi's signature omelet.


Ichi's signature omelet - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

In this omelet recipe, I add celery as celery is good to reduce high blood pressure. Are we getting high blood pressure? The answer is NO.😊 We have always bought pack celery that is enough for 5 days. Celery has never been absent from our list. We can use it for fried noodles, sardine, prawn tikka, any kind of soup, including yong tau fu, and omelet! This is one of Ichi's signature omelets, check it out!

  • 4 egg - I pick carrot egg
  • 4 stalks of celery - finely chopped
  • 2 g of low sodium salt
  • 2 g of onion powder
  • 2 g of garlic powder
  • 1-2 g of black pepper powder - optional you can substitute black pepper with crushed red chili pepper if you like hot and spicy
  • Canola oil or olive oil about 250 ml
These are what you do:
  • Prepare a bowl and crack the egg
  • Add celery, garlic and onion powder, back pepper, and salt. Whisk it a little bit or simply mix them together well
  • Prepare the pan and pour canola oil. Turn on the stove on medium-low flame
  • We can divide the seasoned egg into 4 and fry it one by one until golden brown on both sides; pour the seasoned egg on the pan and let it firm for a few seconds then flip it. It means there is no lava egg style in my omelet.😉 Do not forget to turn off the stove after the last batch!
That's it! About 30 minutes everything is ready on the table; either dinner or lunch it is ready! Quick and easy yet tasty and healthy. Do not forget to eat fruit to complete your meal.👊😃

Thank you for reading my article, and see you next time, bye for now!🖐🤗

Note:
  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Do not copy this article without permission
  • Do not reuse these photographs anywhere else without permission





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sauteed Mix Veggie and Sio Peck Chye

Boiled Egg Soup

Miso Soup