Healthy Dinner Idea: Pan-fry Prawn, Stir Fry Green Spinach, and Couscous

 


Healthy dinner idea: pan fry prawn, stir fry green spinach, and couscous - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Hi, Ichi's Fusion Recipes is back! How are things going? Well, we are fit as a fiddle! Thank the veggie and fruit that keep us in good shape!🤩✌ Especially in this pandemic situation, those food sources would boost your immune system to fight the COVID-19 virus. Besides taking the COVID-19 vaccine, you must eat a healthy meal to support your wealth. Like my primary school teacher said, "eat healthy foods such as veggie, fruit, egg or tempeh (yeah we couldn't afford meat). Those ingredients will make your body strong, and you would not easily get sick."  

Speaking of which, what is the article about, talking about the recipes or what? Well, today I am gonna share a piece of cake recipes yet superb! I call pan-fry prawn! Along with it, I served this an amazing prawn with stir fry green spinach! Both are super easy to prepare yet would blow your mind! Are you ready? Let's rock!

1. Pan-fry prawn

If you are following Ichi's Fusion Recipes for some time, you will remember that once I mentioned before in my another article about the story of prawn when I was a child. Yeah, we had a hard time as my father lost his decent job. One of those difficulties were to eat decent food including prawn. However, one of my grandmas visited one of her sons who was work for a prawn & lobster farm company once in a while. She brought some big prawns (tiger prawn) home by hiding them in her armpit as the security guard would check every visitor to make sure that they were not to take back the company's property (prawn) home. It was just some prawns and I had to share them with my cousin. Therefore, I ate maybe 2 pieces or 3! Thank goodness, my brother did not touch this seafood as it would make his skin not only rashes but bumpy like a hive in his face and body immediately. Of course, I have allergic too, as long as it is not crab, my body could endure it. However, unlike him, I can't eat meat though.🙄  That's my prawn story!😅

Nowadays, any time I want to eat prawns, especially tiger prawns, well, I just buy them when we go grocery shopping without thinking about the price. What selfish act is that thing? Nah, it is not selfish. We are grateful for what we have today as in the past I worked hard for a good future. Whether fresh or frozen, both work for me. However, recently I would prefer frozen to a fresh one as the growing of number people who get infected of the Covid-19 virus. What is my reason to choose frozen prawns? Maybe I will write it in another article in The Journey of Ichi's Family when I have time.

Hello, is this storytelling or what? where is the pan-fry prawn recipe? Ok, then, let's check it out!

Ingredient:
  • 500 g of tiger prawn - I chose frozen prawn
  • about 100 g of salted butter
  • 1 or 2 stalks of rosemary
  • 4 - 6 cloves of garlic - chop it
  • optional: 1 g of garlic powder and 1 g of onion powder
  • optional: 1 g of salt - without salt, it is just fine😁
These are what you do:
  • Prepare the pan, add butter, garlic that you chopped, and rosemary. Turn on the stove on low-medium flame

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti


Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Add the prawn (defrost it before cook). Add garlic and onion powder, salt as well. Let it cook for about 10 minutes. During these minutes, shake the pan or simply stir the prawn. For me, I cooked my prawn for about 15 minutes. Turn off the stove.
2. Stir Fry Green Spinach

I have known 2 kinds of spinach since I was a child. There is red and green spinach. However, before moving to Indonesia's capital city, I had not eaten red spinach as it was rare in our hometown. Nowadays, it is easy to find this particular spinach. Unlike the red one, green spinach has been one of my regular menus on the table since I lived in the village. Besides boiling it, I make a stir fry this spinach to give another style of spinach. Back then in my village, villagers ofter cooked it with coconut milk. But, I am not keen on coconut milk so I haven't cooked this style. 

To stir fry spinach is easy peasy and I hope everyone could do it at home. Moreover, we only use less season; there is onion and garlic powder, and salt. For me, adding oyster sauce would make it tastier! Let's check it out!

Ingredient:
  • 2 pack green spinach
  • 3-4 cloves of garlic - chop it
  • 1 big yellow onion - chop it
  • 3 tbsp of oyster sauce
  • 200 ml of water
  • 2 g of garlic powder
  • 2 g of onion powder
  • 2,5 g of salt - you can add more salt if you wish
These are what you do:
  • Prepare the pan, add olive oil about 50 ml. Add garlic and yellow onion that you chopped. Turn on the stove on low-medium flame. Saute for about 4 minutes

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Add green spinach, water, oyster sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Stir them well. Let it cook for less than 5 minutes. Do not cook spinach for more than 5 minutes. Turn off the stove
3. Couscous

This part is the easiest part, isn't it? Basically, I just need to pour hot water, garlic & onion powder on my couscous. Wait for a few minutes then stir it. 


Healthy Dinner Idea: Pan-fry prawn, stir fry spinach, couscous, and apple & mango - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

What do you think about this meal? It sounds easy to prepare, right? Furthermore, it is tasty and we love it especially the prawn! You can try sometimes at home too!😉

Thank you for reading my article, stay safe and keep healthy! Bye!🖐🙂

Note:
  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Do not copy this article without permission
  • Do not reuse these photographs anywhere else without permission






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sauteed Mix Veggie and Sio Peck Chye

Boiled Egg Soup

Miso Soup