Clam Meat with Oyster Sauce

 


Ichi's Fusion Recipes: Stir fry clam with oyster sauce, Japanese rice, boiled vegetables, and nori - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Hi, welcome back to Ichi's Fusion Recipes! Today I am gonna share a clam recipe that would make your day becomes great! Just look at the picture, clam and the sauce is completely delectable! This week I made such a delicious meal at home. I wrote a clam recipe before, and this time I made another one. Let's check it out!

It looks I made such a productive day this early Sunday morning. I did gardening at 4.30 AM, took a shower, and sit at my desk. I cooked a big portion dish yesterday, it is enough for yesterday's lunch and dinner, and for today's lunch. That is why I do not have anything to do today. Well, you can say I am a couch potato today.😴 However, I am feeling stressed actually because I will face a big step next month. Well, might be I pull off my writing activity for quite something. Hopefully, I can sneak out to write the article. 


Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Recently, I decided to take care of my plants in the early morning daily. The reason is that no one passes by the corridor at this hour and the air is far more refreshing. As you know, we live in an HDB apartment which means the "garden" space is in the corridor. This corridor is the only access to the elevator so, people pass by whether a neighbor, neighbor's friend, delivery, et cetera. During the COVID-19 situation, I would rather do gardening before the crack of dawn so that I do not need to wear a mask. Moreover, the temperature at noon is hot or sometimes pouring. So, it is quite challenging. 

Talking about clam recipes, this is not the first time I write about it. I pick clam as our menu at home once in a while to substitute fish and tempeh. As you know, if you are following Ichi's Fusion Recipes, I have always put a complete set meal that consists of carbs, protein, other vitamins, and minerals. I like squid dishes too, it has been a long time I haven't cooked this dish again. Back to the topic, in general, our protein is from tempeh and egg, but I combine it with other sources for instance, salmon, saba (mackerel), tuna, and clam as well. And this is my way how to cook clam!

Ingredient:
  • 400 g clam meat - I chose frozen one
  • 1 big yellow onion - chop it
  • 6 cloves of garlic - chop it
  • 3 tbsp of butter
  • 50 ml of olive oil
  • 5 g of paprika powder
  • 4-5 g of yellow ginger/turmeric
  • 3 tbsp of oyster sauce
  • 3 g of onion powder
  • 3 g of garlic powder
  • a bunch of celery - finely cut (optional)
These are what you do:
  • Defrost the clam first
  • Prepare the pan, pour olive oil, add yellow onion and garlic that you chopped. Saute them for about 3-4 minutes in low-medium flame
  • Add clam and butter. Stir them and let them cook for about 10 minutes or until the water is almost gone. Note: frozen clam contain water. This process allows the clam meat fully cooked perfectly

Ichi's Fusion Recipes: cook the clam until the water is gone - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Add oyster sauce, paprika powder, turmeric powder, onion&garlic powder, and celery that you chopped. Stir them for a few minutes and turn off the stove
  • After take aside the clam dish from the pan. Turn on the stove on medium-low flame. Add Japanese rice (or any rice). Stir the rice with the leftover clam sauce on the pan for 2-3 minutes and turn off the stove. Tips: nothing to waste!😁 In this case, the Japanese rice looks like Indonesian yellow rice

Ichi's Fusion Recipes: nothing to waste, add Japanese rice into the pan and stir it with clam sauce leftover - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Now, take a plate, place the rice, some boiled vegetables, and clam dish. Do not forget to eat fruit

Ichi's Fusion Recipes: Clam with oyster sauce, Japanese white rice with clam sauce, boiled vegetables, nori, orange and mango, rootbeer - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

What do you think? By looking at the dish, I can tell it is just great! It looks like curry fish but different. You can try it sometimes at home.

Read another article on Ichi's Garden: The Story of Cuphea Purple in My Childhood. Link here:https://ichi-garden.blogspot.com/2021/09/the-story-of-chupea-purple-in-my.html

Thank you for reading my article, take care and bye!🖐😊

Note:
  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Do not copy this article without permission
  • Do not reuse these photographs anywhere else without permission

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sauteed Mix Veggie and Sio Peck Chye

Boiled Egg Soup

Miso Soup