Easy Peasy A Healthy Lunch Box Menu: Couscous, Boiled egg, Vegetable & sauces

 


Easy peasy lunch box menu: couscous, boiled egg, vegetable & sauces, orange - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

It's been a while. How is it going? I hope you are in good shape and carry on your life even if we are aware that we are in the coronavirus year. 👊

Well, today I am gonna share a lunch box menu from my kitchen. This lunch meal is easy to prepare yet keeps you fit. During a pandemic situation, bringing your own lunch will give you a feeling safe, isn't it? At least in my opinion.😁 As we all know that we can't go back to the life before COVID-19, what we can do right now is to embrace and adapt in order to survive including prepare and bring our won meal when we go outside, it could be off for work, school, or something else. 

Back then in my university life and when I worked for a company, once in a while, I made my quick and easy meal for breakfast; it was boiled egg and rice. While I went for a shower, I cooked rice and egg at the same time. Before went in into the bathroom, I turned on the stove (well it was a gasoline stove!😅), pour water into a pot, put in the rice and an egg, then I took a shower. After finished my shower, my rice and egg were already cooked as well! The good thing was that I could eat this morning rice for my dinner as I liked to eat a boiled egg for my breakfast. I called it effective time!!😉


Couscous with furikake on it, boiled egg, and mandarin Australian orange - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Nowadays, although the story of the easy peasy breakfast I made in the past was engulfed by time, those experiences inspired me to recreate it, and I put them on the list of lunch box menus.

1. Choose your carbo

I have believed everyone has their own preference based on the culture, tradition, nation, et cetera. Be wise to pick your carbo for your lunch box as we need to concern about our healthiness. This time I chose couscous! Couscous is easy to prepare. Basically, I pour hot water on it and put some seasonings for instance garlic and onion powder, low sodium salt, sometimes herbs like celery, dried chives, or any other herbs.

2. Decide what protein you want to put in

Again, it depends on your preference that is influenced by your lifestyle. I chose egg as it is easy to find and cook it. While boiling the vegetables such as kale, french bean, and broccoli, I boil the egg in another pot. 

3. Vegetable must be on the menu

This is an essential element on every menu that we have to put vegetables on every single menu. If you are following Ichi's Fusion Recipes, maybe you are wondering why I have always put whether leafy vegetables or root veggie on the recipe I have made. It is a basic rule on my regular meal including lunch box.

We can choose many varieties of vegetables that definitely would boost your energy if you maintain this lifestyle. Spinach, carrot, kale, french bean, and many others contain lots of vitamins and minerals. With those, a bunch of vitamins will give benefits to our body.


Boiled kale, boiled french bean, boiled broccoli, tartar sauce, and soyu - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

4. Fruit

Nowadays, many young generations prefer creamy stuff and oversweet treats rather than bright fruit. I have seen this lifestyle that gives me a chill as we all know those fancy and tasty desserts will lead them to serious health issues in the future for instance diabetes, high blood pressure, and so on. Therefore, if you are not a fan of fruit, you must start to eat fruit from now on before it's too late. That is why fruit is included on the lunch box menu. We can choose and try many varieties of fruit that could find surroundings.

In my regular shopping, I have always bought apples, and oranges, however, sometimes I pick pear, grape, et cetera. And in this lunch box, I let an orange complete the lunch box set menu.

Easy to prepare yet healthy! By bringing our own lunch box, we can maintain our bodies in good shape and free from critical health issues.  Therefore, start to invest in your preferred eating habit now, and you will see an amazing result later that would make your life happy! A happy life is a healthy life!👍🤩

Note:
  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Do not copy this article without permission
  • Do not reuse these photographs anywhere else without permission





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sauteed Mix Veggie and Sio Peck Chye

Boiled Egg Soup

Miso Soup