Saturday Meal story: Linguine Serve with Vegetable Japanese Curry, Veggie Fritter

 


One of our Saturday meals: Linguine serve with vegetables Japanese curry, veggie fritter - Photographed RDZ

Have you planned your dinner for the weekday? So, I am curious what your Saturday dinner🤔 For me, I would like to use any kind of vegetables in my fridge on weekend and cook a quick and easy dinner that won't consume my time in the kitchen.

I got an idea to celebrate the weekend by ordering pizza and you call it pizza day when both my husband and I take a rest and free from the kitchen. It sounds relieving since we can sit down, watch television, without worrying about what's for dinner this Saturday. However, I suffered from diarrhea for about 3 days after ate pizza. Thankfully that my husband was just fine, meanwhile, I had to battle with this sudden health issue while I was preparing for my exam. What I can say, in this case cooking at home is must even though the weekend😏

We do going to the hypermarket nearby every Saturday or Sunday to buy our groceries. Mostly ingredients for our meals for the next week. So, basically, I make a meal plan before do shopping. This habit is convenient and guides me right away when I arrive at the store. Whatever sale girl says or any kind of discount tries to allure me, I keep on track and just leave them without hesitation. That's the power of making a meal plan so that we know what we have to buy in the supermarket. Moreover, it would save our time without wandering around the alley and get distracted by promotion.

Usually, on Friday our fruit and vegetables in the fridge are running out and it's time to go shopping. In general, I buy leafy and root veggie. I also make a plan to cook leafy veggie like spinach on the first weekday as we can not keep this veggie a little longer in the fridge; I give it 2 days to stay with other vegetables. It means the root vegetables remain by the end of a week. Carrot, potato, is the root vegetables that I should use for our meal. By using those two vegetables I make Japanese curry! Simple, easy, and quick-cooking, yet healthy!😍


Ichi's Fusion Recipes: Linguine serve with vegetable Japanese curry, and veggie fritter - Photographed by RDZ

I mentioned in the latest article on The Journey of Ichi's Family that 1 portion of Japanese curry in the restaurant nearby is about $7. If we both order the same menu it would cost more than $ 20 just dinner for two and since there is no sign of vegetables on the Japanese curry menu, usually, I have to buy another side dish for example corn. Meanwhile at home, if I buy 1 pack of Japanese curry paste, the price is only about $7 for 12 serving! Wow, amazing, isn't it? Furthermore, I can add vegetables to my Japanese curry!

Whenever only carrot and potato that left on the fridge, I would like to cook Japanese curry for our meal at home. For me, it is a wise choice and I am happy with it since the cooking process is simple and quick. There is one of the reasons why I love Japanese food besides the healthiness of each dish. The best thing is when we still have cabbage by the end of the week, whether white or purple, it just great to make veggie fritter by using cabbage and carrot as well to create a set dinner menu along with Japanese curry. My choice is tempura batter to make crispy veggie fritter. 

My preference, we can eat Japanese curry not only with Japanese rice, but we can substitute the white rice with pasta. Isn't that great? I bet you could not find Japanese curry with pasta and veggie fritter in any restaurant. The veggie fritter itself is inspired by the Indonesian snack, we call it "bakwan." This snack is common from where I grew up. We made it for special occasions for instance when we had guests at home, celebration, or family feast. "Bakwan" is simple, easy, affordable, and delicious!

I had written Japanese curry and "bakwan" (veggie fritter) in my article before so that I am not writing it again in this article. I just want to make the point that even if the weekend we could still able to make our food by using any kind of vegetables that have left on the fridge. My Japanese friend said my curry looks original so it's good. I am happy with this compliment🥰 

Thank you for reading my article. see you in the next article and bye!🖐🤗

Note:
  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Photographed by RDZ
  • Do not copy this article without permission
  • Do not reuse these photographs anywhere else without permission



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sauteed Mix Veggie and Sio Peck Chye

Boiled Egg Soup

Miso Soup