Tempura Mackerel

 

Tempura Mackerel, boiled red spinach, purple cabbage, and cherry tomato - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Hi, how are you today? It's been a while since I posted the last article on Ichi's Fusion Recipes.

I've been busy with so many things! My husband and I talk a lot about our next plan for our future recently. It sounds hard due to the coronavirus situation all over the world, but we are still on our path to reach our goal together! Someone said that I have too many wishes just because I am a married woman and want to get a higher education. Chasing a Ph.D. sounds crazy for them. However, my dream has always the same every year since I was in the fifth grade, "get a higher education, and help others who need help." Furthermore, it is not only me who wants to get higher education, my husband as well! So, we must work together to reach our dream!๐Ÿ’ช

Speaking of which, are we talking about the future or recipe? ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿคจ Well, today I am gonna share a fish recipe and it is tempura mackerel. Like I mentioned in my other articles that selar is Jack's family fish and horse mackerel. Therefore, you can call this recipe is tempura mackerel!

Mackerel is one of my favorite dishes that I want to eat when we are talking about fish. Other fish is tuna, shishamo, and salmon. And I am curious about herring fish and want to try it! However, I would love to eat fried mackerel that cook by myself, why? Every time I dine out and bought fried mackerel, I sensed that it did not cook well because I still tasted a fishy smell and the food stall did not clean out the internal organ. I do not like this kind of cooking, "dirty." I love clean fish and nice treats which means season it so that we can taste savory fried fish, moreover, cook properly. That is why I love to prepare and cook my own meal because I do not satisfy eating outside (buying food from the food stall).

Talking about fried fish makes me hungry! In general, I just fry my fish, but this time I want to create something different by covering the fish with a savory coat! Inspired by Japanese food, call it tempura, I would like to share my tempura mackerel recipe with all of you. Let's check it out!

Ingredient:

  • 300 g of mackerel
  • 1 lime
  • 1 egg - I have always chosen carrot egg
  • 3 g of low sodium salt
  • 2,5 g of lemongrass powder
  • 5 g of onion & garlic spice blend - or you can substitute with 5 g of onion with an herb that you have at home such as dried parsley, dried basil.
  • 3 g of garlic powder
  • 3 g of garlic powder
  • 3 g of turmeric powder
  • 60-75 g of potato starch
  • 2 g of low sodium salt
  • 400-500 ml of canola oil
These are what you do:
  • Clean and wash mackerel fish. If you wish you could cut the head. making cut through on the fish body so that the season can absorb well
  • Put the mackerel in a bowl. Squeeze the lime on in; make sure it spread all over the fish

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Crack the egg in another bowl
  • Add 3 g of garlic powder, garlic & onion spice blend, lemongrass powder, and 3 g of low sodium salt. Mix them well

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Put potato starch on the flat plate, mix it with 2 g of low sodium salt, turmeric powder, and 3 g of garlic powder

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Next; take the fish and place it on the bowl where egg and season mix together. Cover the fish with season egg

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Place the fish on the potato starch; cover them

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Prepare the frying pan and pour canola oil. Turn on the stove of medium-low flame
  • When the oil warm enough, place the fish on it; fry them. Do not touch it or flip it because it will damage the meat; let it fry for about 3 minutes

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Flip the fish, and give it another 2-3 minutes; fully cooked

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Turn off the stove, take the fish, and place on a kitchen towel or paper

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Prepare the meal:
  • Boil the red spinach; 3 minutes is enough
  • Place the tempura mackerel on the plate, place boiled red spinach, purple cabbage, and cherry tomatoes

Tempura mackerel, boiled spinach, purple cabbage, and cherry tomatoes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • I would like to eat it with Japanese rice. However, we can eat this tempura mackerel with another carbo. This time I chose glass noodles! Soak the glass noodles with hot water. after a few minutes drain it. Place on another plate or a bowl

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by RDZ
  • Remember that I wrote a ramen soto recipe? We can use that ramen broth in this set menu by pouring it on glass noodles or put glass noodles into ramen soto broth!๐Ÿ˜‹
  • Do not forget to eat fruit!

Ichi's Fusion Recipes; tempura mackerel, boiled red spinach, purple cabbage, cherry tomatoes, glass noodles, ramen soto broth with celery, an apple, and a glass of tea! - Photographed RDZ

What do you think? It looks great, isn't it? This menu is a perfect dinner! The fish meat is just perfect and awesome! Moreover, if we eat tempura mackerel while it warm, we would get the crips!๐Ÿฅฐ

Read my new article on Ichi's Garden; Discovering Beautiful Birds around our Home, link here https://ichi-garden.blogspot.com/2021/04/discovering-beautiful-birds-around-our.html

Another article on The Journey of Ichi's Family; Simple Breakfast, Yet Healthy, link here https://ichi-journey.blogspot.com/2021/04/simple-breakfast-yet-healthy.html

Thank you for reading my article, stay safe and take care! bye for now!๐Ÿ–๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ™‚

Note:
  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti and RDZ
  • Do not copy this article without permission
  • Do not reuse these photographs anywhere else without permission




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sauteed Mix Veggie and Sio Peck Chye

Boiled Egg Soup

Miso Soup