Homemade Herbal Tea: Yellow Ginger tea with tamarind and lemon

 


Herbal tea: Yellow ginger tea with tamarind and lemon - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Hi, welcome back to Ichi's Recipes. How you doing? Today I am going to share something different that could help you out from your issues especially if you are a teenager or adult woman. Do you want to know what exactly is that thing? Herbal tea made from yellow ginger with tamarind and lemon. What are the benefits if we drink it every day, let's check it out! ๐Ÿ˜‰

So, in other words, we are talking about herb and not cooking recipes. Yes, we are! However, herbal tea is also a recipe from generation to generation from the place where I came from. I bet the young generation has forgotten this ancient knowledge. Nowadays, teenagers and women are often drinking soda, cream, es cream, and the popular one is something called "bubble tea." Luckily, I did not have such luxury pocket money when I was a teenager to buy fancy beverages. As result, I just drunk water and this herbal tea in the past. Now, even though I live in a foreign country I have been managing to drink this ancient tea. Thinking about all the hardships that I had in the past, I should be grateful because those experiences made me become who I am today; keeping an ancient or traditional knowledge.

How to make this herbal tea? 

Ingredient:

  • 50 - 70 g of yellow ginger
  • 2-3 tbsp of tamarind
  • 1 lemon or lime
  • 800 ml of water
These are what you do:
  • Peel and wash the yellow ginger
  • Grate the yellow ginger
  • Prepare a jar or bottle, put grated yellow ginger into it
  • Pour water and add tamarind
  • Squeezing the lemon until the juice come out
  • Add lemon or lime juice
  • Stir them slowly
  • Put in the fridge overnight
  • We can drink it the next day
  • It lasts up for 3 days
  • We can add 6 g of stevia to give it a little sweet if you do not like the taste or sourness
My father grew lime and lemon trees in his yards and garden. As far I remember, the productive trees were only one. I picked the lemon every day for at least 3 Kg when the fruit was blooming. One of my neighbors was sold many kinds of herbal drinks and one of those was yellow ginger tea with tamarind and lemon. She made them fresh daily in the early morning; usually, she woke up at 4 AM to prepare and made the herbal drinks and sold them in the market at 6 AM. In just an hour her herbal tea finished and she came back home. At noon after school, I delivered lemon to her house and she would be preparing the ingredients of herbal drinks in the evening such as peeling the ginger, grind the rice, et cetera. So in the early morning, she just touched for the last finishing.

Many teenagers and women in my hometown drank yellow ginger in the morning before they started activities. They kicked off the day by drinking herbal. Most villager women said or gave advice to their young girls to drink up it. The question is what soo good about this herbal tea? Talking about the benefits we gain from this traditional drink are:
  1. Keeping the women body fresh and many believe it is good for body shape
  2. It is good for healthy skin. People from my hometown has been believed that yellow ginger will make girls and women skin healthier and clean
  3. Reduces cramps. How many of you are having cramps before and throughout your period? This is good news if you are suffering from a period cramp
  4. Treatment for yeast infection. Villager women would choose to drink natural herbs rather than visit a doctor to solve this problem. As you know villager had a low income; they could not afford to pay a doctor and consultation
If you read the benefits above, basically, this kind of herbal tea has lots of benefits for teenagers and women and helps to solve women's issues. That's how villager women live by keeping traditional knowledge. And give it a big bottom line that pregnant women are not allowed to drink this yellow ginger tea.


Herbal tea: Yellow ginger tea with tamarind and lemon - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

In the past when most of my friends talked about their period every month, I just simply said that I did not have that kind suffer until someday I moved to the biggest city in my country and then moved to Singapore. However, I managed to solve the problem by trying to make yellow ginger tea with tamarind and lemon or lime on my own. And the final recipe is not bad! I love to drink it! To be honest, no one taught me how to make this precious tea. Maybe I should open a stall and sell this herbal tea๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ˜

I recommend drinking it every day and the good time is in the morning. But I think it just fine if you want to drink it at noon or evening because many times I drink it at noon or evening. Why should drink this herbal tea routine? In my view, I think because it is fresh and natural. If you are someone who looking for the benefits of drinking this kind of tea, then the wise choice is by drinking it daily and see what happen ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank you for reading my special article today. I also have a new article on The Journey of Ichi's Family about the Lunar New Year celebration during the pandemic in Singapore; exchange snacks or treats to celebrate Chinese New Year with neighbors, here the link about it https://ichi-journey.blogspot.com/2021/02/chinese-new-year-celebration-during.html

Note:
  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Do not copy this article without permission
  • Do not reuse these photographs anywhere else without permission


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sauteed Mix Veggie and Sio Peck Chye

Boiled Egg Soup

Miso Soup