Miso Soup

20150311_160036


A few weeks ago, I asked my friend, Miyu-san, how to make miso soup. I failed for the first time I made. The second time, I think I almost success to cook it. For me, it’s not easy to find ingredients and miso soup paste. Today it’s a rainy day, I decided to cook miso soup. And this is it…Miso soup from my kitchen. 

Ingredients :
  • A handful of baby carrots (cut as you like)
  • Some of the brown beech mushrooms
  • 3 sheets of seaweed (I use sushi seaweed)
  • 1 stalk of scallion (cut as you like)
  • 800ml - 1 L water
Note: if you have tofu or white radish, you can add them
Seasoning: Miso paste (4 tsp)

These are what you do…
  • Boil water in a pot
  • Add carrots, mushrooms, and seaweeds. Cook it about 2-3 minutes and turn off the heat
  • Gently add the miso paste, mix them well
  • Re-heat pot, before the soup, starts boiling, add scallions and turn off the heat
  • Serve it
20150311_160103

Sounds easy, right??… I love this soup, it’s great and tasty! Arigatogozaimasu Miyu-san Smile Sugoi!!

Comments

  1. Hi, Konbanwa Acik!

    I like putting bran in miso soup. There is also a kind in miso paste, but I think the one which can be made with its favorite miso paste and ingredient is a good by the miso soup.
    Good job (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Konbanwa Ryo-san...
      You know, it's not easy to find miso soup paste, even the base ingredients too:-( like konbu (I don't know what is called in Singapore).

      But... I am happy... Finally I can cook miso soup. I like that soup! Sugoi!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sauteed Mix Veggie and Sio Peck Chye

Boiled Egg Soup