Stir-fry Bamboo Shoot cooked with Shrimp Paste

 


Ichi's Fusion Recipes: Stir-fry bamboo shoot cooked with shrimp paste - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Welcome back to Ichi's Fusion Recipes! How you doing anyway? Hopefully, you are in good shape! What do we have for today? I am going to share one of our stir-fry that we love it!🤗 We call it a stir-fry bamboo shoot cooked with shrimp paste! Let's check it out!

This is the first time we made a stir-fry bamboo shoot. In general, I would like to add this certain ingredient to cooking cream to make curry bamboo shoots. However, creating a new dish in my kitchen by discovering this specific menu would be great too, I guess. It is definitely in my way by adding some seasons that are easy to find surrounding. You may notice if you are following our blog that I prefer to blend in or you can call it to adapt to every single new environment rather than keep my original tongue palette; you know what I mean? Moving abroad is lots of consequences, is not it? First, we have to understand that we would relocate to a place that is completely distinct from our comfort along with culture, people, and so is the food. In this case, I must adapt my daily menus at home. Luckily, I moved out from my father's house when I started my university life and since then I have experienced new tastes, new ingredients, et cetera. Therefore, I do not have any hard time getting used to my new world and I get excitement instead. That is probably because I love to learn new things in my life. 

Speaking of which, how to cook this stir-fry bamboo shoot? Let's rock!

Ingredient:
  • 500 g boiled bamboo shoots
  • 6 cloves of shallot - chop them
  • 4 cloves of garlic - chop them
  • Optional: we can substitute shallot and garlic with 1 big yellow onion
  • about 30 ml of olive oil
  • 2 tbsp of oyster sauce
  • 2,5 - 3 g of shrimp paste
  • 5-7 g of anchovies blended season (this one healthier choice season)
  • Optional: we can substitute anchovies blended season with 5 g of garlic powder, 5-7 g onion powder, and 5-7 g low sodium salt. However, the result of the taste would different
These are what you do:
  • Prepare the pan and pour olive oil. Add shallot and garlic, also shrimp paste. Saute on medium-low flame for about 3 minutes

Ichi's Fusion Recipes: Stir-fry bamboo shoot cooked with shrimp paste - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Add boiled bamboo shoots, and stir them well
  • Add anchovies blended season and oyster sauce. Stir for about 5-7 minutes on medium-low flame
  • Turn off the stove and done!
What? Easy peasy cooking even for the beginner, right? The most important is that this is a healthy menu! I combined this dish with fried tempeh and fried egg along with gherkin. 


Ichi's Fusion Recipes: stir-fry bamboo shoot cooked with shrimp paste, fried tempeh, fried egg, gherkin, Japanese rice with furikake on top of it - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Recently, my husband said that his friend has a health issue; it is a high blood pressure of about 180. WHAT?..😱 my husband's friend said one of his friends even got a stroke at 38 years old. I reckon many of my friends have also had health issues once their age reaches 30 years old for instance, high blood pressure, gout, vision (mostly wearing spectacle), and some other health issues. I have noticed that some or many people that I know have never considered their lifestyle, especially healthy eating.  They feel on the top of the mountain when they afford meat daily. The reason is that meat represents a status social in the society which means the one who has meat on the daily menu is wealthier than others. For me, it sounds ridiculous. As a consequence, when they reach 30 years old have to face some health problems. In my opinion, is that eating meat is fine in a moderate way and balanced. Moreover, reducing salt and substituting sugar with the healthier sweeter would keep our health in check. 

To be honest it sounds sad when I hear people at such a productive age face some health issues particularly when they treat that high blood pressure, cholesterol, gout, et cetera are just regular problems for old people. WHAT? 30 years old is old people? That is completely something wrong with their view; it is not good. Why? Because we can prepare healthy meals in an easy and simple way. In another word, we can prevent that happen. Furthermore, it would be great for the value of money. I guess this is one of the reasons why I like to share my ideas in this Ichi's Fusion Recipes.🌞

Thank you for reading my article, have a nice Sunday and bye!🖐🤗

Note:
  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Do not copy this article without permission
  • Do not reuse these photographs anywhere else without permission




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sauteed Mix Veggie and Sio Peck Chye

Boiled Egg Soup

Miso Soup