Breakfast Prep: Wrap Filled with Sukiyaki Saba, Pickled Gherkin, Purple Cabbage & Carrot

 


Ichi's Fusion Recipes: Wrap filled with sukiyaki saba, pickled gherkin, purple cabbage, & carrot - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

It's been a while, how are things going? Hopefully, you are safe and sound!🌞 Meanwhile, I have been busy or you call it struggling with some or a couple things; a daunting task. however, I am excited about what is in store for me in my upcoming life. That's what makes me keep going although it drains my energy. Well, speaking of which what do we have today? I would like to share the idea of how to prepare breakfast; easy yet tasty!

The idea to prepare breakfast for days in one shot is to minimize our time in the kitchen as might some of you have always had scramble time but want to eat a tasty and healthy breakfast. Personally, I got bored eating bread each morning. I want something new to start my day to boost my mood. Actually, my husband is the one who encourages me to create this menu. Yeah, he eagers to prepare his own breakfast for days (basically from Monday to Friday) and has been choosing his own preference. Another reason is busy life when we do not have time to cook breakfast. So by doing this on Sunday, we could feel relief as the breakfast is already on the fridge for 5 days. Of course, this is helpful and we are very happy with the result. 

If you are following Ichi's Fusion Recipes, you may notice that Sukiyaki Saba had been written before. Yeah, I guess I do not need to write it in this article. In general, I use the same fish and the same sauce to create a Sukiyaki saba. This fish is amazing and I think it is good for breakfast as well. Yeah, because we also eat eggs for lunch and dinner hence I prefer to put fish in the morning to give it something new. I cooked 2 packs of fillet saba which is enough to make 5 wraps and I can add the leftover for our dinner. 


Ichi's Fusion Recipes: sukiyaki saba, pickled gherkin, purple cabbage & carrot - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

I picked pickled gherkin to enhance the excitement of my wrap! Basically, I like pickles since I lived in my hometown. However, eating pickles was not our culture. Therefore, I only ate this particular food a couple times. I also found out that sometimes some foods along with pickles in the city where I studied for my Bachelor's degree; but because of the chili they were added, I avoid it as my stomach has always complained about it. Why gherkin? Unlike my husband who is not a fan of pickles, I am kin with pickles as long without chili in it. Any pickle? not at all. However, I am in love with a specific pickle in the picture above. I bought another brand but the taste is too sweet which is not my preference.

To create this breakfast is easy. First is to cook the wrap on the pan for a few seconds. Secondly, prepare the filling then put it on the wrap then fold them. The third is to cover with a plastic wrapper and put in the container and put in the fridge. Each morning, we can take them one by one and warm them for a few seconds. To warm the wrap we can use a microwave or place it on the pan on low flame. We can add a wide range variety of vegetables; from cabbage, carrot, radish, lettuce, and you name it!😉

Easy and simple without consuming your time in the kitchen. Morning is always in rush, might be some of you did not have time to eat breakfast at home. If you make this wrap filled with sukiyaki saba, you can bring it to the office as well. Easy peasy day...✌👊

Thank you for reading my article. Stay safe and keep healthy. Take care!🤗

Note:
  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Do not copy this article without permission
  • Do not reuse these photographs anywhere else without permission


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sauteed Mix Veggie and Sio Peck Chye

Boiled Egg Soup

Miso Soup