Kampoeng Menu: Stir-fry Wing Bean with Anchovies broth, Anchovies, and Shrimp Paste

 


Ichi's Fusion Recipes: stir-fry wing bean with anchovies broth, anchovies, and shrimp paste - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Hi, welcome back to Ichi's Fusion Recipes! Today I am going to share one of kampoeng menus! It is a stir-fry wing bean. This dish is easy to prepare, has less seasoning, and of course healthy food.

I have always believed that kampoeng (village) menu is always healthy as villagers pick fresh vegetables from their garden or field crop; at least it was the time when I lived in the village. Unfortunately, Millenials in my hometown admired junk foods, unhealthy foods, consuming too much sugar & salt, smoking et cetera. As result, at 30 they have health issues such as high blood pressure even diabeties and look older than their age. For them, having health issues at that age is common, but for me, it is trouble because they have forgotten their own culture where our grandparents taught us many kinds of food sources in the village that were healthier, and we can grow in the yards!

A week ago while I was watering my plants, one of my neighbors came back from the market. After she reached her home, she approached me and gave me shrimp paste and chili paste. Because I have shrimp paste at home, I decided to buy beans (long bean and wing bean) in the market. My plan is to stir-fry those beans with shrimp paste. It has been a long time since the last time I cooked using shrimp paste. Although I am originally from Indonesia, I am not a fan of shrimp paste, stinky beans, like most Indonesian. However, once in a while is fine for me to cook with shrimp paste.🙂

Ingredient:
  • 2 pack of wing beans - cut as you like
  • 2-3 g of shrimp paste

Shrimp paste - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • 1 anchovies stock cube
  • 250 ml warm water
  • 4-6 cloves of shallot - chop it
  • 4 cloves of garlic - chop it
  • 15-30 ml of olive oil
  • a handful of anchovies - wash before cook
  • 1/2 of yellow onion - optional
These are what you do:
  • Put anchovies stock cube into warm water to make anchovies broth. Let it dissolves
  • Prepare a pan, pour olive oil, add shrimp paste, garlic, and shallot that you chopped. Turn on the stove on medium flame. Saute until fragrant or 3 minutes then add anchovies, stir them for 2 minutes

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Add wing beans, stir them for about 2-3 minutes

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Pour anchovies broth. Let it cook for about 5-7 minutes. Stir it occasionally. Turn off the stove

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • That's it! Easy, isn't it?🤗 This dish is enough to serve 6 plates!🤩✌
To complete this menu I made Ichi's signature omelet!😋 Back then when I lived in the village, the omelet was our regular menu on the table. Every villager had hens and roosters! Therefore, the egg was easy to pick when we were talking about the quick cook. One example, when suddenly we had guests in the evening or at noon, we could offer them to join dinner or lunch. In that case, we made an omelet and served it while it was warm. White rice and omelet became the dinner or lunch menu with the guests! Omelet was quick, easy to make and everyone would love it. Hospitality was something that I had been learning for years by living in my father's house until 16 years old when I decided to study on another island. For some people, offering an omelet for dinner or lunch to the guests might be of no value, but they (villagers) did it with their heart. They did not have something fancy, however, the omelet was the best they had in the house.


Ichi's Fusion Recipes: stir-fry wing beans with anchovies broth, anchovies, and shrimp paste, Ichi's signature omelet, Japanese white rice cover with stir-fry wing bean broth, an apple, a glass of jasmine tea - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Thank you for reading my article. See you in the next article and bye for now! Stay safe!🖐🙂

Note:
  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Do not copy this article without permission
  • Do not reuse these photographs anywhere else without permission



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sauteed Mix Veggie and Sio Peck Chye

Boiled Egg Soup

Miso Soup