Curry Veggie Fried Noodles

 


Ichi's Fusion Recipes: Curry (India) Veggie Fried Noodles - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Hi, welcome back to Ichi's Fusion Recipes! Well, what do we have today? I would like to share one of our new recipes from my kitchen; I call it, Fusion Curry (India) Veggie Fried Noodles!😊

If you have ever been to Singapore, once you walk to the hawker center, you would easy to find lots of kinds of fried noodles. One of those noodles is rice vermicelli that has a thin form; we, Indonesian, call it "mie bihun." In Singapore, this particular noodle is sold in many grocery stores. Locals often cook rice vermicelli as fried noodles. This dish is identic with ethnic Chinese as noodles are like the main menu in many households.

However, I create a twist in this recipe where I add curry powder ( India's curry) and put an abundance of vegetables. Why write "India's curry"? Well, I like Japanese curry too, so that I do not want whoever following Ichi's Fusion Recipes to feel confused. If I only write down "curry", some of you might wonder, "is it Japanese curry or other curries? For this reason, I should make it clear that in this recipe I use India's curry powder. In addition, adding a wide variety of vegetables is a sign of Ichi's Fusion signature. You want not to see that Ichi's Recipes without a rainbow veggie in them. My rule at home, whatever I cook, vegetables must be on top of it.πŸ˜‰ Moreover, I also pour Japanese soy sauce (call soyu) that makes this recipe is quite unique (at least in my opinion). 

Here in Singapore, people usually cook fish curry and chicken curry. At this point, I haven't seen curry season in fried noodles as fried noodles are identical to Chinese. However, I take my courage to try something different by seasoning my fried noodles with curry powder where most people add to fish and chicken. As a result, the taste is great and we love it!😍

Ingredient:
  • 5 portion rice vermicelli - soak in water before use; read the instruction
  • About 40 ml of soy sauce - I use Japanese soy sauce for noodles
  • 2 tbsp of butter
  • 6-8 cloves of garlic - chop them
  • 15-20 g of curry powder (India's curry)

Curry powder; this India's curry and not Japanese curry - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Some broccoli
  • some cabbage (white and purple cabbage)
  • 1 big tomato
  • 1/2 big capsicum
  • 6 meatballs - slice them
  • a handful of small sausage - slice them
These are what you do:
  • Prepare the pan, add butter and garlic that you chopped. Turn on the stove on medium-low flame. Saute for about 2-3 minutes
  • Add sausage and meatballs, stir them for about 5-7 minutes. The reason why I cook my sausage and meatballs for about 5-7 minutes is to make them fully cooked since I am not keen with meats which means I need to make those processing meat fully cooked, otherwise I would feel nausea because of the scent of meat from sausage and meatball. Therefore, if you do not have any issues as I am, you can stir sausage and meatball for about 3 minutes
  • Add rice vermicelli, pour soy sauce, and add curry powder. Stir the noodles on a medium flame for about 5-7 minutes. make sure that soy sauce and the curry powder blend well
  • Add vegetables, stir on medium-low flame for about 3-5 minutes and turn off the stove. Note: You can add a wide range of varieties of vegetables for instance green pea, french bean, kale, carrot, brussel sprout et cetera. We can call it, "whatever vegetable is in the fridge, bring them all!" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜
  • It's done! Easy peasy, isn't it?😍

Ichi's Fusion Recipes: Ichi's signature omelet; an omelet with roasted seaweed and celery - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti


Ichi's Fusion Recipes: Ichi's signature omelet; an omelet with roasted seaweed and celery - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

I combine my curry veggie fried noodles with Ichi's signature omelet where I put roasted seaweed in it and add celery; like always that I cook my omelet until brown on both sides as I am not crazy with undercook omelet like many people. Yes, lava egg is not my kind of thing since I had been eating half-cooked boiled eggs during my childhood. The reason is that my father wanted me to grow up as a brilliant child so eating a half-boiled egg every morning was a must-do. However, when I was a teenager, I would like fully cooked boiled egg or omelet, not lava style anymore, no more...I had had enoughπŸ˜…


Ichi's Fusion Recipes: Curry Veggie Fried Noodles, omelet with roasted seaweed and celery, an orange - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

So, time the truth, how's the taste? The taste is great!πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹ I wish I could open a food stall at home to sell fried noodles, unfortunately, in Singapore, we are not allowed to open a food stall business at home! I bet if I stay in Indonesia and not move around, I definitely would have some businesses at home from cat collars, handmade flowers, food (fusion foods), beverage, snacks, et ceteraπŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ˜„πŸ€©

Thank you for reading my article, keep your courage, do not stop learning something new because the world keeps teaching us every day.πŸ™‚

Have a cheerful day, stay safe and take care! bye for now!πŸ–πŸ€—

Note:
  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Do not copy this article without permission
  • Do not reuse these photographs anywhere else without permission

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sauteed Mix Veggie and Sio Peck Chye

Boiled Egg Soup

Miso Soup