Easy meal: Sukiyaki Scallop and Ridge Gourd soup

 


Easy meal: Sukiyaki Scallop, ridge gourd soup, Japanese rice, and a glass of chrysanthemum tea - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Welcome to Ichi's Fusion Recipes! How are you doing, anyway? Here in Singapore, we feel easier as the government eases the COVID-19 restriction one example: we can pull off the mask when we walk at a specific place aka open space like the HDB apartment corridor, walking to the market, in a park et cetera. However, you may find out that mostly want to keep masks on although the regulation is much more relaxed now. For me for instance, I want to keep my health (I do not want to get infected by the COVID-19 virus), the second reason is uncomfortable moving; you can imagine when I hold soo many groceries in my hands then I need to put off and put on my mask, that...how I put this...🙄 naahh... I choose to put on my mask whenever I go outside. 

Speaking of which, today I am going to share my kitchen recipes which are inspired by Japanese and Indonesian foods. One is sukiyaki scallop. You may notice that I often use sukiyaki sauce (of course made in Japan). My reason is that I can use sukiyaki sauce in many dishes such as fish, chicken, beef, et cetera. Amazing, isn't it? One for all sauce!🤩✌ The second reason is that the sauce is able to reduce the fishy scent that my body rejects. So, this is an excellent sauce! Actually, there is another Japanese sauce that I want to try; they call yakitori sauce. Yeah...next time! In this case, I made a sukiyaki scallop which I cooked with butter and celery. If you are following Ichi's Fusion Recipes, you would easily know that celery is good to reduce high blood pressure. Are we having high blood pressure? NO!😉 Some people add celery or eat cucumber after they are diagnosed by a doctor that they have high blood pressure. In my view, we should eat healthy foods before getting health issues; these are what I am trying to do.

My second recipe is ridge gourd or soft-gourd? Yeah, this gourd has many names. Of course, I have known this particular gourd since I lived in my hometown. Many households in my village cooked this ingredient to make soup. Basically, if they wanted to add another veggie, they added carrot. In this article, the ridge soup is slightly different as I added shrimp paste into it!😁 So, let's check out; Ichi's Fusion Recipes easy meal!

1. Sukiyaki scallop


Ichi's Fusion Recipes: Sukiyaki scallop - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Ingredient:
  • 500 g scallop - I chose frozen
  • 1 big yellow onion - chop it
  • a bunch of celery or a handful of celery
  • 2 tbsp of butter
  • 30 ml of olive oil
  • 5 g of garlic powder
  • 5 g of onion powder
  • 10 g of lemongrass powder
  • 5 g of ginger powder
  • 45 ml of sukiyaki sauce
These are what you do:
  • Prepare a pan, pour olive oil and add the yellow onion that you chopped. Saute for about 3 minutes on medium-low flame
  • Add scallop (wash before cooking), butter, add lemongrass, and ginger. Let it cook for about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally. Cooking the scallop on medium-low flame

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Add garlic and onion powder, sukiyaki sauce, and celery. Give it 5 minutes and cook on medium-low flame. Stir occasionally. Turn off the stove

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti


2. Ridge Gourd Soup


Ichi's Fusion Recipes: Ridge gourd soup - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Ingredient:
  • 1 big ridge gourd - I forgot the scale of my soft gourd🙄 - I cut it as you can see in the picture
  • 1 small carrot - cut into thin-slice
  • a bunch of celery
  • 1 big tomato - cut it
  • 2-3 g of belacan or shrimp paste
  • 5 g of black pepper powder
  • 1/2 tbsp of tamarind
  • 10-15 g of anchovies powder seasoning (this powder is no MSG) - we can use anchovies stock cubes
  • 1200-1300 ml of water
These are what you do:
  • Prepare a saucepan or pan or wok; whatever you have😁

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Pour water and add the seasoning powder, tamarind, and shrimp paste. Bring to boil; we can set the stove on medium flame
  • Add the gourd, carrot, and black pepper powder. Let it cook maximum of 5 minutes on medium-low flame; at fouth minutes, add celery and tomato. Then turn off the stove

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • That's it! Whattt!😃✌ Easy peasy soup yet healthy! Are you happy? I AM!🤗

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

So, what do you think? within 30 minutes, sukiyaki scallop and ridge gourd soup are ready on the table. And it is enough to serve 4 people. These recipes won't consume your time as I consider some of you have a scrambled time. Like me, I cooked chicken curry and it was last for 3 days. Nowadays, I have been trying to prepare quick and easy dishes and I would be glad if the dish would last for 2 days. Time is precious!😊👊


Ichi's Fusion Recipes: sukiyaki scallop, ridge gourd soup, Japanese rice, an apple, and a glass of chrysanthemum tea - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Thank you for reading my article, stay safe, and keep healthy. Bye!🖐🌞

Note:
  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Do not copy this article without permission
  • Do not reuse these photographed anywhere else without permission






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sauteed Mix Veggie and Sio Peck Chye

Boiled Egg Soup

Miso Soup