Beef Tripe Meat Soup

 

Ichi's Fusion Recipes: Beef tripe soup - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

What is that beef tripe? Have you ever heard before? In this article, I would like to share a healthy beef soup by choosing beef tripe meat. For you who are a beef lover, to reduce your consumption of beef meat and want a healthy choice, you may try this recipe. As my passion, of course, this is an easy soup yet tasty and healthy!😉🤞

Back then in my hometown, villagers consumed meat only during the festive season day. On other days for most of the whole year, it was just a random veggies menu complete with fried tempeh, fried tofu, or cracker. If they picked another protein, the egg was the choice. Every household would buy chicken meat and made a chicken curry or soup (Indonesian soup) on that special occasion. Meanwhile, beef, only high society afford and bought it. So, meat wasn't a daily menu in my hometown at that time, it was a special menu for a special occasion or event. No wonder, the old generation in my village had a long life and less having health issues; one of my grandmas lived until above 100 years. Sadly, nowadays, the young generation in my village loves to eat meat on the daily menu since the meat is to show how wealthy they are and their social status. That's completely wrong mind, but I can't help. Indeed, it is a social issue that I have noticed since many years ago when I lived in the village.

In my view, eating meat is just fine but in moderation which means not every day. If we want to eat meat, it must come along with a bunch of vegetables. That is what in my opinion in order to get balance. At home, buying any meat, it could be chicken or beef, once in a while. Whereas for fish, I often pick it for our protein, Indeed, I would rather eat fish than meat since my body rejects meat. Therefore, I made beef tripe soup in December last year. Yes, I cooked this recipe a few months ago, and until today I haven't cooked beef again. Of course, I didn't it this dish no matter exquisite this meal was.

Speaking of which, what is beef tripe meat? Back then in my hometown, every part of farm animal had been sold at the market; from the chicken intestine, feet, beef tripe, oxtail, head, et cetera. No wonder there is a tail ox soup in Indonesia, fried chicken heart, stir fry chicken feet, including beef tripe, and many other recipes that use organs from farm animals. Special in this article, I am going to share how to make beef tripe soup. Let's check it out!😉

Ingredient:
  • 300 g of beef tripe
  • 15 g of garlic powder
  • 15 g onion powder
  • 7-10 g of lemongrass
  • 7 g Garlic and herb seasoning

Garlic and herb that I am used to adding to some of my recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • 20 g low sodium salt
  • 10 g black pepper
  • about 1800-2000 ml of water
  • 1 big yellow onion - chop it
  • 6-8 shallot - chop it
  • 6 cloves of garlic - chop it
  • 2-4 kaffir lime leaves
  • 30 ml of olive oil
These are what you do:
  • Wash the beef tripe meat. Boil beef tripe for about 1 and a half until 2 hours on medium-low flame. You can cut it into bite-size or thin-slice. Optional: we can add ginger for about 10 g when boiling the beef tripe meat

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Prepare the work or a saucepan or whatever you have. Pour olive oil, and add garlic, onion, and shallot that you chop. Saute for about 3 minutes 

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Add beef tripe meat, kaffir lime leaves. Stir for about 5-7 minutes

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Pour water, add garlic herb seasoning, garlic and onion powder, salt, lemongrass, and black pepper. Let it cook for about 15-20 minutes on medium-low flame. Then turn off the stove

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti


Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

# Now prepare the meal!
  • Place some boiled vegetables or raw vegetables. You can choose a wide range of vegetables; from carrot, white/ purple cabbage, french bean, bean sprout, kale, radish, et cetera!

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Pour the beef tripe soup

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Now you can choose a wide variety of carbs such as boiled sweet potato or pumpkin, rice, rice cake, et cetera

Ichi's Fusion Recipes: beef tripe soup, fried tempeh, Japanese rice, cracker, grape, and a glass of jasmine tea!😋 Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Garnish the soup with celery or parsley and fried shallot. I completed the menu with fried tempeh!🤩
  • We can squeeze lime and do not forget to eat fruit to boost energy!👊🌞
What do you think? Yeah, I know, it consumes more than one hour to prepare this dish. However, if we have a plan to cook this menu, we can boil the beef tripe meat while we eat our dinner. After boiling, let them cool down then put them in the container and put in the fridge. On the next day, we can cook beef tripe soup easier and quick. Serving this menu for a special occasion would be great too!🤗 For me, once in a while for a special event, not on the list of our daily menu.

How about the taste? The taste reminded me of the taste of the meatball soup broth in Indonesia. The beef tripe meat is chewy. You may doesn't like the texture but you may be like it if you try. Unfortunately, I am not able to eat this excellent soup. But I am happy to cook something that I can't eat yet delicious!😊 This recipe is enough to serve 4-5 people.

Thank you for reading my article, stay safe, keep healthy, and take care. Bye!🖐🌞

Note:
  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Do not copy this article without permission
  • Do not reuse these photographs anywhere else without permission 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sauteed Mix Veggie and Sio Peck Chye

Boiled Egg Soup

Miso Soup