Quick and Easy Dumpling: Fried Dumpling Filled with Mozzarella and Spring onion

 


Ichi's Fusion Recipes: fried dumpling filled with mozzarella and spring onion - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Hi, how's your day going? Well, it's raining day in Singapore. And I think cooking something quick and easy for our lunch would definitely give us time to enjoy our meal without rush back to work. Therefore, I would like to share my dumpling recipe!

Maybe you wonder since when dumplings fill with mozzarella, right? This is what I like about my fusion recipe where I can combine Japanese food with Western or Indonesian foods, or...I can twist the Asian taste with Western, and so on. By doing this, I am able to create something new even though maybe for something feel awkward or disagree because I twist the taste, sometimes use another way or technic of cooking. That's what I call The Journey of My Foods! 

In this recipe, I also made something unusual where I filled my dumpling with mozzarella. Since moved to Singapore, I have explored the ingredients that offer many varieties of food sources. Here in Singapore, I could easy to find a product almost from all around the world, and that's amazing! One of them is mozzarella! I get used to placing mozzarella on our bread then bake it in the oven. But I would like to try something intriguing by filling my dumpling with it. I was curious what is the taste like😁 Let's check it out!

Ingredient:
  • Dumpling skin - I just bought it from a supermarket nearby and chose a round shape!
  • Some of the spring onion - finely cut or just cut as you wish
  • Of course, prepare the mozzarella
  • Parmesan
  • Canola oil to fry dumpling - is about 400-500 ml 
These are what you do:
  • Take one sheet of dumpling skin
  • Place spring onion on it; put it in the middle
  • Use your hand to take mozzarella; place it on the spring onion and sprinkle some parmesan on it

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Prepare some water in a bowl; using your forefinger dip it into the water. Apply it (water) on the edge of the dumpling skin

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Close it by patting gently and fold the edge. Water is more like a glue

Ichi's Fusion Recipes - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Fry the dumpling until golden brown. Me I fry them in medium-low flame
  • Serve it with soyu (Japanese soy sauce) - this is optional

Green vegetable soup - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Well, it sounds easy, isn't it? I served my fried dumpling with soyu and green vegetable soup. We can add soba as well if you want to!😊


Fried dumpling filled with mozzarella & spring onion served with Japanese sauce,  green vegetable soup, grape - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Thank you for reading my article, read my new article on The Journey of Ichi's Family: Meet The Cheapest Fruit in Singapore, link here https://ichi-journey.blogspot.com/2021/08/meet-cheapest-fruit-in-singapore.html

See you in another article. Stay safe and healthy, bye!🖐🙂

Note:
  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Do not copy this article without permission
  • Do not reuse these photographs anywhere else without permission

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sauteed Mix Veggie and Sio Peck Chye

Boiled Egg Soup

Miso Soup