Dinner Idea: braised-fried chicken breast

 

Dinner idea: braised-fried chicken breast - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

Hi, all of you, welcome back to Ichi's Fusion Recipes! Today I am going to write about not only this recipe but also the story behind this food. I know literary you notice about the picture above that chicken on the plate. Yes, I can't eat meat including chicken meat, but I like to cook it and give it tries to create a new style on how to make it easier and tastier.

First, let's talk about this food. I discovered a new food with a new style on how to prepare on the table was when I studied at university to get my Bachelor's degree. As I mentioned before that I decided to study far away from my hometown. What I loved about being in this new city, I learned many things and one of them was about foods; called it "penyet." There are abundant food stalls selling this kind of food along the street even until this day. "Penyet" is an intriguing meal and attracts many people because of the uniqueness of this city. Culture, delectable foods, friendly locals; all those things make this particular city popular among many other cities in my country. Moreover, when a student wants to go to study, many of them will choose this city because of the cost of living is affordable. Not only popular because of the foods, but also popular among student and tourist. Lots of intriguing and historic temples and buildings in this city along with stories. What I love that locals keep their traditions even in this modern day. 

Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

What exactly "penyet" is? Penyet is a meal that consists of white rice and meat (fried chicken, duck, or pigeon), or we can choose white rice and fried catfish, or another style is white rice with fried tempeh/ tofu or even fried eggplant. It serves with a local sauce called "sambal", slices of cucumber, tomato, white cabbage, lemon basil, sometimes long raw long bean. However, we could also find a "Penyet" food stall dedicated to only serving fish and seafood; it could be fried or grill tilapia and prawns. Whatever you choose the most popular is the fried catfish. It usually serves only a dinner meal, so that's why we can found this dish along the street in the evening.

Speaking of which, I wrote a "sambal" recipe on how to make it. If you don't follow me since the blog begins then you can search for this condiment. 

The taste is not only good but savory and delectable. Moreover, the price is affordable for locals even for students. Unfortunately, I had a tight budget every month that made me only focus on my textbooks and my university expenses. Well, for me, personally, school comes first whatever it takes at the time. But not this day because I could visit this beautiful city when have time; short word nowadays I come as tourist😁 Well, I also wrote all my experiences when visited this city on my other blog that calls The Journey of Ichi's Family 😊👍 

If you wonder that my recipe might be different, well, like always that I create my own style, cooking easier, finding season around me and use them. Let's check it out on how to make braised-fried chicken breast! 

Ingredient:

  • 500 g of boneless & skinless chicken breast
  • 1300 ml of water
  • 30 ml of Japanese cooking sake
  • 7 g of low sodium salt
  • 3 g of ginger powder
  • 5 g of paprika powder
  • 3-5 g of turmeric
  • 7-10 g of the spice blend
  • 3 g of coriander seeds powder
  • 15 g of garlic powder
  • 15 g of onion powder
  • 3 bay leaves
These are what you do:
  • Prepare the pot and pour water into it. Add chicken breast and turn on the stove on medium-low flame
  • Pour Japanese cooking sake, add garlic powder, onion powder, spice blend powder, turmeric, coriander seeds, paprika powder, ginger powder, salt, and bay leaves. Bring to boil, stir them well, and let it sit/cook for 1 and a half hours. Turn off the stove

Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Prepare the pan and pour 200-300 ml of olive oil. Fry the braised chicken until golden brown on both sides

Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti


Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Now braised-fried chicken breast is ready to serve! 😋
  • Tips: After braising the chicken breast, we can put it in the fridge with the container and fry them the next day. But let them cool down first before putting them into a container. Or - We do not need to fry them at all 🤞 It's your call which style you like 😍
Dinner preparation:
  • We can serve it with Japanese rice or couscous
  • Place Japanese rice first

Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Add some braised-fried chicken breast
  • Add some vegetables; white or purple cabbage, tomato, add some dried coriander leaves, and done!
  • If you have lemon basil, long bean, or french bean, cucumber, or even zucchini, that would be great!

Dinner idea: Japanese rice, braised-fried chicken breast, purple&white cabbage, and tomato - Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti

How's the taste? The taste is great and fantastic! You can try it by yourself at home 😉

Thank you for reading my article. See you and have a nice day 🖐😊

Note:
  • Written by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Photographed by Acik Mardhiyanti
  • Do not copy this article without permission 
  • Do not reuse these photographs anywhere else without permission

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sauteed Mix Veggie and Sio Peck Chye

Boiled Egg Soup

Miso Soup